eznoh

Offline Access to Notes

Usually I can access notes on my android phone if I am not connected by wifi or mobile data but occasionally I can't. I have the basic account and I have "search offline" checked.

Mike

Hi.  Because mobile devices don't always have spare storage capacity Evernote keeps its unsynced stuff (including recent edits) in temporary memory.  If another app needs that space,  the content gets cleared.  The only way to guarantee availability is to select one or more notebooks (depending on space) and set them as 'offline searchable',  which will download the content.  That's not available on Basic though AFAIK...

I see. So what is the setting "Search and Storage->Search offfliine" checkbox for?

Mike

As a Plus subscriber you do have access to your data offline.  Have you selected which notebooks you want to sync to your device so you can access them offline?  It's not sufficient to enable "Search offline"; you also have to select which notebooks you want that to be true for - as Gaz said, due to more limited storage on mobile devices, by default notebooks are NOT set to sync offline.

See "Access when you're offline" on this help page for a bit more info.