Suggest a Method for Saving an iOS Url

I noticed that when I tried to save a url via my iPhone, that in Evernote it saves it as a .webloc file.  

I don't exclusively use Safari, Mac and iOS. Is their a better way to ensure that my links are saved as a url instead of being confined to an Apple only format?

The link was added to Evernote by using the share icon (the square) in Safari and then selecting Evernote.
Apparently that only saves the page in Evernote as a webloc.

Do I have to email pages in iOS Safari to my evernote account's email to avoid using webloc?

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, beerye said:

I noticed that when I tried to save a url via my iPhone, that in Evernote it saves it as a .webloc file.  

I don't exclusively use Safari, Mac and iOS. Is their a better way to ensure that my links are saved as a url instead of being confined to an Apple only format?

The link was added to Evernote by using the share icon (the square) in Safari and then selecting Evernote.
Apparently that only saves the page in Evernote as a webloc.

Do I have to email pages in iOS Safari to my evernote account's email to avoid using webloc?

I'm not sure what you mean by "saves it as a .webloc file"

Below is this forum page that I saved using your instruction - The link was added to Evernote by using the share icon (the square) in Safari and then selecting Evernote.

image.png

Archived