Importing from older versions of Evernote

Go to solution Solved by s2sailor,

Hi

I run an old version of Evernote (2.1.0.327). I have been taking notes for several years and it has been good.

Upgrading to Windows 10, I am unable to install this version of Evernote. I keep getting an error. Something about "failed to load a dll:enlnst" and Setup terminates

Has anybody seen this problem?

So I then thought of installing the latest version, export all my notes from the previous version and import it in the new version.

In the newer versions, it is unable to import older note version files. So does this not work?

Am kind of stuck now..

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Vasu

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, vasuh said:

So I then thought of installing the latest version, export all my notes from the previous version and import it in the new version.

In the newer versions, it is unable to import older note version files. So does this not work?

Are you really trying an export/import?  Is it using the ENEX format?

• Level 5*

If you can find older versions of Evernote, you might be able to do step upgrades to get to the current version.

The only other suggestion is to open a support ticket and see what the Evernote employees can do.  There's a link below in my signature section.

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure upgrading to the current version is possible but there is one (maybe two) intermediary installations required due to database changes along the way.  Contact customer support and they should be able to provide you the details and earlier version(s) first needed.

• Level 5*
  • Solution

I found the older post that I was thinking of.  I stand corrected, the upgrade path is no longer supported by Evernote customer support, but here are the details.  Use at your own risk and please backup your data first before trying.

EverNote v2.3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12760413/EverNote2.zip-- this is a patched executable which can coexist with modern versions of Evernote.

Evernote 3.1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12760413/Evernote_3.1.0.1225.exe-- this is the last Evernote version that could import EverNote 2.x databases.

EN2Export: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12760413/EN2Export.zip-- stand alone utility that converts EverNote 2.x databases (.enb) to modern EverNote database (.exb). Currently it converts HTML notes only, all other EN2 note types are skipped. I may add support for other formats if someone needs it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same problem as the lady had above: I have an .ENX export file from Evernote 2 and I would like to import it in the new version. Unfortunately I don't have the original .ENB database file. I searched the net and I found I would need the Evernote 2 to recover the .ENB and after I could probably convert it readable to the newer Evernote either via earlier versions or the EN2Export tool. But it seems there is no clean Evernote 2 available anywhere to download, the earliest I found was 3.1 that doesn't read .ENX either. The Dropbox links above don't work anymore. Could you post them again, please?

Thank you in advance

Priscin

• 2 years later...

I have evernote for windows ver 2.2.1.386  setup/installation application  dated 2/2/11   56.5 MB that i have been using until windows 10 is fighting its installation. To my  knowledge this is the last  .enb version out there before it went to multi device cloud based system... that was more than what i needed for my purposes. It is too large to drop in this reply.