Evernote web: how to copy a note to another notebook?

Phil2656

Hi,

I am using exclusively my laptop Chromebook for a few days to see if I can replace my windows desktop with a Chromebox. I try to copy a note ( a template) to another notebook with Evernote web but cannot find out how to do that. Is it possible with the web app?

You can do it!

You need to install AlterNote as a Chrome extension. Select your note and then hit the Alternote icon in Chrome. This allows you to edit the note, if you want to, (including lots of really cool editing features which are not available in the windows or web version).  You can then use file -> create copy in  to put a copy in whatever notebook you want.

I've used AlterNote a lot for the advanced editing features with no problems. However it is a third party app and therefore I guess there are possibly security issues if you have highly sensitive info in your Evernote account. However, it's not listed as a service that has accessed my account in my account details so I'm guessing it just does local stuff in the browser (but I'm not an internet security expert!)

Thank you Mike. I will try that. There is hope also with the Android apps that are coming to Chrome. I just noticed that Evernote for Android has a "Duplicate" function for notes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

It's also possible to 'duplicate' notes in the web version - just send them to your own account email address to be re-included as a new note.  Drag and drop notes onto a new notebook in the 'old' Evernote web (using Windows Firefox),  or Ctrl-click multi-select to see the pop-up that includes 'move to notebook'.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived