Disabling Synchronization complete

• Level 5

Unless I misunderstand your question, I think the "Synchronization complete" notifications (and hence the setting) are now gone. Are you still seeing them?

I can see from evernote's standpoint that this message is superfluous ... and it saves a billion internet messages a day.
BUT ... it is the only way those of us out in the boonies can can be sure that we are in SYNC with the command center.
We look at one spot ... not all over the screen ... will not proceed with further changes until that green message pops up.  

• Level 5*

I have the sync icon rotating in my toolbar to show me that sync is in progress. So I don't need a pop-up notification. How about just changing the color of the (not moving) sync icon when there are things that need syncing? You need to think about how to do this for items on the server that have not been downloaded to the local client, but that should be possible without the resource demands of the popups?

• Level 5
2 hours ago, FactMan said:

How about just changing the color of the (not moving) sync icon when there are things that need syncing?

Nice idea. That way even if no unsynced notes were visible in the Note List, there would be a visual indicator that sync is needed.

When I synced, there was a pop up that showed in my Windows version, telling me sync was complete.  That has disappeared with the new update.  So how am I to know now that I have successfully synced? 

• Level 5

For one thing, the sync icon in Evernote's toolbar will stop rotating. For another, any notes with indications that they need syncing will have those indications cleared. This does mean that you have to keep an eye on the EN window even if you've moved on to something else.

I suspect that that rotating sync icon only means that the data to be synced is being sent from remote device to command central ...

When the rotating stops, the data has been sent but i want to know when the changes have been incorporated into the database at command central. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

When the rotating stops, the data has been sent but i want to know when the changes have been incorporated into the database at command central. 

Same time.

Archived