zalel

FEATURE REQUEST: time keeping

The missing applet that Evernote needs the most is a time tracking extension, widget, or app add-on the could be used for tracking time or billing. Since I use Evernote for keeping notes about each assignment, it would make great sense to place this info in the same location. 

Perhaps a 3rd party will develop an app to assist in time.tracking and calculations. 

Personally, I use a simple 2-key combination in Windows to assist time tracking.  Ctrl + ;

For example, earlier this week, I was stuck on a phone-hold waiting for a person to discuss an Obamacare billing problem. Part of my note included this info:

We are currently experiencing high call volume
your position in queue is 8 - 2016-05-24 2:16 PM
your position in queue is 7 - 2016-05-24 2:20 PM
your position in queue is 6 - 
your position in queue is 5 - 2016-05-24 2:22 PM
your position in queue is 4 - 2016-05-24 2:26 PM
your position in queue is 3 - 
your position in queue is 2 - 
your position in queue is 1 -  2016-05-24 2:30 PM

still waiting 2016-05-24 2:34 PM

CarryAnn answered at 2016-05-24 2:36 PM  (20 minutes waiting to talk to someone)

3 hours ago, zalel said:

The missing applet that Evernote needs the most is a time tracking extension, widget, or app add-on the could be used for tracking time or billing. Since I use Evernote for keeping notes about each assignment, it would make great sense to place this info in the same location. 

On my Mac I use an AppleScript to append a quick time stamped line to a journal note.

On my iPad/iPhone  I add the entry to my Evernote Reminder list, and it gets appended to the journal note via an IFTTT recipe.  
I can trigger this using Siri (Hey Siri   Add Project Started to my Evernote List)