Only syncing when phone is close to computer

I make most changes/additions to Evernote on my computer and then sync to my phone. For years, it has synced automatically, with no problem. But about 6 months ago, I noticed that my phone was not updating. And the only way I could get Evernote to sync properly, was to put my phone in close proximity to my computer. If I do, they sync without issue. But if I want what is on my computer to sync to my phone, I have to remember to move the phone closer to the computer. 

Nothing else in my home is having a connection issue. I use Apple Airport Extreme as my wireless router, have a Macbook, and an iPhone. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone have a solution or suggestions? 

Thanks.

Given the fact that Evernote syncs your data back to their servers and from there to your phone's client I do not understand how placing your phone in closer proximity to your computer could have any effect on the syncing process. It might just be, that the WiFi reception is strongest in the place where you placed your computer. Do you have trouble syncing your data when connected to other WiFi networks or even cellular?

The room where I work and usually sync is actually further away from the main router than where my phone usually sits. My wireless printer is also in that room and I have no problems syncing it or anything else--only Evernote. If my phone is with me away from my home, but I have updated my computer, it will not sync to my phone, even though the phone is connected via cellular or another WIFI connection. 

For example--if I put a list together of things I need to pick up from the store, I used to be able to create the list on my computer (even the night before), and it would be on my phone when I got to the store. But not now. If I don't remember to put my phone closer to my computer after I update the list (or any note), it will not sync. I have OFTEN arrived at the store thinking my list would have automatically synced to my phone, only to find that my list is not there. 

But as soon as I go back home and put the phone near my computer, it syncs without a problem. It's frustrating and annoying, to say the least.

Thanks for your questions/clarifications. But I don't think the WIFI strength is the issue. The WIFI signal in our home extends out into the yard. (And I have an Airport express in tandem with the Airport Extreme. The express is in the room where I usually work and the phone is in the adjacent room--with no wall between.) 

@Inspired Designs, is your data being synced to the web client?

If so, it might be an issue with your phone. I had a similar case once. After I deleted and reinstalled the Evernote app on my phone everything went back to normal. Could be a similar issue on your side. 

Best you file a ticket with support and let them look into it before rushing into any action. 

• Level 5*

As @Enrico Nahler said, syncing is computer to server, and server to phone.  There is no syncing computer to phone; so putting the phone close to the computer is not a factor.

Have you considered forcing the sync process on your computer and phone.  It's a good practice when you're working on different platforms.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Inspired Designs said:

That's the way I get it to sync at all. 

Re: Evernote Syncing
You might want to adjust the preferences on your computer

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.47.04 PM.png

6 hours ago, Inspired Designs said:

I make most changes/additions to Evernote on my computer and then sync to my phone. For years, it has synced automatically, with no problem. But about 6 months ago, I noticed that my phone was not updating. And the only way I could get Evernote to sync properly, was to put my phone in close proximity to my computer. If I do, they sync without issue. But if I want what is on my computer to sync to my phone, I have to remember to move the phone closer to the computer. 

Nothing else in my home is having a connection issue. I use Apple Airport Extreme as my wireless router, have a Macbook, and an iPhone. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone have a solution or suggestions? 

Thanks.

Hey @Inspired Designs,

It sounds like your Mac is syncing without issue, but there are some problems with your iPhone syncing successfully 100% of the time. I just converted your post into a ticket so I can get some more information and help get this sorted out. Keep an eye out for my email!

Archived