What Does the "Jump To Selection" Do in EN Mac Find?

• Level 5*

(Evernote 6.6.1 (453372) on OSX 10.10.5)

Does anyone know what this is supposed to do, and how you use it?  When I select it, nothing seems to happen.

I'm trying to find text in the note, select that text, and then process it, all using a Keyboard Maestro macro.  Unfortunately, it seems that EN Mac is using a very non-standard UI for Find.

Screenshot:

EN-Mac-6.6.1-Find-Jump-to-Selection.png

On 5/21/2016 at 8:22 PM, JMichaelTX said:

(Evernote 6.6.1 (453372) on OSX 10.10.5)

Does anyone know what this is supposed to do, and how you use it?  When I select it, nothing seems to happen.

I'm trying to find text in the note, select that text, and then process it, all using a Keyboard Maestro macro.  Unfortunately, it seems that EN Mac is using a very non-standard UI for Find.

Screenshot:

EN-Mac-6.6.1-Find-Jump-to-Selection.png

Hey there @JMichaelTX;

It looks like if you select the text, then scroll away from that text,then click on ‘Jump to Selection’ it will take you back to that selected text.

Basically, it looks like if you have highlighted text, and you then select "Jump to Selection", it will take you to that highlighted text.

I hope that helps.

• BSR featured this topic
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, BSR said:

Basically, it looks like if you have highlighted text, and you then select "Jump to Selection", it will take you to that highlighted text.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply.  That clears up the mystery.

May I suggest that this feature would be much more useful if it could be combined with the Find feature, so that AFTER I have found specific text, it would jump to that text, and select it, so I could then do something with the text (copy, format, delete, etc).

Archived