Highlight pdf's Please

kdeemer

Idea

It is so annoying that I can't highlight a pdf on an iPhone or iPad. If Evernote can OCR a scanned or photographed document and recognize individual words, then certainly it should be easy to add a highlighting tool. Instead, they offer a really lame crayon to draw freehand on a document.

1 reply to this idea

I agree. The annotation options (pdf and image) within Evernote do seem to be rather broadbrush. Great if you are providing feedback on an article with lots of white space or pointing to something on a picture but not so great if you are studying an academic paper with dense type and little white space. Here Adobe Reader is much better but having to download, annotate  and then re-upload is a pain. A few more options would be great. e.g proper highlighting would be nice but a comment box that popped up and allowed me to write as much as I liked without obscuring the text (see Adobe Reader) would be fantastic. 

Incidentally on the windows version if you hold shift while using the highlighter "crayon" tool it only moves horizontally, so you can have a decent stab at highlighting (and massively increasing the file size!). Can't see a way of doing that on ipad though.

Archived