Daily review template with file in it.

muzsi

I created a "daily review" template, which contains an excel file with tracking on what I work. I thought this file is one file and will updated on my computer, but I only today realized: no, when I duplicate the template to create a note for the day, it duplicates the excel file too - and when I add info to the file, will be only this one updated. (on my computer the next version is from 14. May. Any idea how to make work this? Because it was such a good idea: I have all my steps to do for my daily review, and also the file I have to refresh. I can duplicate/or use the note from yesterday too, but then I have uncheck every task, what gives me more work, and I use Evernote for decreasing my work :D

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 08.14.45.png

• Level 5*
On May 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM, muzsi said:

I created a "daily review" template, which contains an excel file with tracking on what I work. I thought this file is one file and will updated on my computer, but I only today realized: no, when I duplicate the template to create a note for the day, it duplicates the excel file too - and when I add info to the file, will be only this one updated. (on my computer the next version is from 14. May. Any idea how to make work this? Because it was such a good idea: I have all my steps to do for my daily review, and also the file I have to refresh. I can duplicate/or use the note from yesterday too, but then I have uncheck every task, what gives me more work, and I use Evernote for decreasing my work :D

If you don't want the tracking info refreshed each day, store it outside of your daily review template.
For example, use a link to a tracking note.

• Level 5*

Specifically, move the Excel file in a note of it's own, remove the Excel file from your template, and paste the link to the Excel note in its place.

"Any idea how to make work this? Because it was such a good idea:"

@muzsi I build custom templates for Evernote. I have built a day tracker template which will keep all the information stored even when you duplicate the note. 

Hit me up via WorkChat the address is enrico@simprocon.com and I'll hook you up with the template note. 

Enrico - I going off topic with the post, but I have run out of ideas.

4-5 weeks ago, I filled out the online application to become an Evernote Community Leader. A week went by and I heard nothing. Over the next 2 weeks, I contacted Evernote by 3-4 different approaches, but still never got a response.

Any tips for me on how to become an Evernote Community Leader or has the program been dropped?

Archived