Any Hope for iOS?

kdeemer

Idea

I would love to love Evernote but, as someone who does most of my work on an iPad, I'm far from it.

• working with tables is hopeless. You can't even add a new row or column.
  • You can't really work with spreadsheets or any Office document because, every time you modify one, it gets saved back to the native app, not to Evernote.
  • There is no way to highlight pdf's (other than the extremely lame crayon that lets you draw a squiggly line)
  • Looking at documents in landscape mode is terrible because there is no option for full width with vertical scrolling, like most doc readers
  • formatting is very limited
  • there is no nesting of tags
  • etc.

It seems like Evernote pretty much ignores mobile devices. Has anyone found an alternative that they like?

5 replies to this idea

The iPad app has me scratching my head every time. I just don't enjoy using it. Text is super small. If there are only a few notes they just float around in the middle of screen looking ugly. The green hurts my eyes. I already know I'm in Evernote and I just need a clean interface that accentuates my own content.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Sean M said:

Just to illustrate I've attached a screen shot of a notebook with just a few notes and no photographs. What a horrible mess.

You might try adjusting your view options

Below is the view I use.

image.png

Another complaint about the iOS app 

WTF is WRONG with SEARCH???? 

it does not work.  i even select a notebook - i know there is a specific note that i am looking for and i put several words that are in the title and NOTHING COMES up. 

Not only that - a whole list of Notes with NOT ONE word of the search comes up .

REALLY annoying.  

it works on Chrome web version and on any desktop .  why cant it work on iOS

Archived