Routing all email to Evernote

Hello @JasmynP,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Depending on your Evernote subscription, you can email into your Evernote or set up an automatic forwarding service to go into your Evernote. In my experience, the easiest way to do this was through IFTTT.

From there you connect both accounts together and it does this automatically for you.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, JasmynP said:

Does anymore you route all emails to an Evernote inboxec via auto-forward. 

I been thinking about this setup would love to hear drawbacks and positive results. 

I tried it with a Gmail rule, however this resulted in more of a "resend" than "forward" and headers were stripped.

I tried it with my Mac and html was stripped.

I use an IFTTT recipe with success.  When I receive email notifying me of new episodes available, the notice is appended to my Watch List, a note in Evernote.

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

I tried it with a Gmail rule, however this resulted in more of a "resend" than "forward" and headers were stripped.

I tried it with my Mac and html was stripped.

I use an IFTTT recipe with success.  When I receive email notifying me of new episodes available, the notice is appended to my Watch List, a note in Evernote.

Thanks! This is helpful. I'm currently using Evernote for storage and workflowy for take and project management, but firm they workflowy fails when it comes tr email. (The only workaround is to view your email in browser and copy the unique email URL into a workflowy note. 

In my constant search for "one app that rules them all," I thought about using Evernote for task and project management and having certain or even all email routed to Evernote for internal processing and  linking might work. 

I love Workflowy for the outlining ability and how it let's your drill down into minutiae. I'm going to spend some time trying to recreate that in Evernote and see what I get. 

2 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @JasmynP,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Depending on your Evernote subscription, you can email into your Evernote or set up an automatic forwarding service to go into your Evernote. In my experience, the easiest way to do this was through IFTTT.

From there you connect both accounts together and it does this automatically for you.

Thanks. I'm familiar with this. I was looking for answer more from a workflow perspective. Not from he mechanics of who to do it. I should have made that clear. 

Archived