Add favorites notes that would stick to the top

Etienne.

Idea

Hi, 

I've been looking for a feature that would allow me to get some of my favorite notes stay at the top of my list, no matter when they are updated. And get the rest to follow below, according to their updated date. 

Is that possible? If not do you know if this feature might be implemented, or where else it would be available? 

Thanks in advance

Evernote_Basic.png

4 replies to this idea

On 5/12/2016 at 1:50 AM, Etienne. said:

Hi, 

I've been looking for a feature that would allow me to get some of my favorite notes stay at the top of my list, no matter when they are updated. And get the rest to follow below, according to their updated date. 

Is that possible? If not do you know if this feature might be implemented, or where else it would be available? 

Thanks in advance

Evernote_Basic.png

Hi there,

I would recommend using the Shortcuts feature to keep notes you continue going back to at the top of your Sidebar. You can re-enable them on your desktop Evernote application by placing your cursor in between the Sidebar (the dark part) and the Preview panel until the cursor shape changes, then drag to the right until the Sidebar expands. You should see your Shortcuts in the Sidebar.

If they still don't appear, try enabling them in View > Sidebar options > Shorcuts.

• Level 5*

Some people adjust the creation/update of the note to get it sorted first.

I switch to title sequence and adjust the title to get my notes in the sequence I want

For example, prefixing the title with "!" or "-" will put the note first.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, BSR said:

Hi there,

I would recommend using the Shortcuts feature to keep notes 

That's a great suggestion, and better than a work around for the top of the note list.

To avoid filling up my shortcuts section, I have a !HotNotes tag at the top of my Shortcuts list. I apply the tag to notes I want quick access to.

I make liberal use of the shortcuts feature, and also the emojis. Any note with an emoji at the beginning of its title will appear at the top of the notes list, if you're sorting by name. I use emojis to convey the overall purpose of the note (for example, the gardening note has a tree at the front).

However, I don't know how to get the rest to follow according to their update date. I think you would have to use shortcuts for that.

Archived