Changing dark theme on Sidebar

I just updated to 6.6.1 on my Mac (and I honestly should know better by now than to update anything without checking it out first, so my bad there) and I completely hate the dark thing that's going on in the sidebar now. Since I'm getting an enormous amount of chaff trying to revert versions, I just want to ask that you please, please give us some kind of control over the visual appearance, or at least reconsider your colour choices.

It's not so much a problem of aesthetics as that the dramatic difference between the dark Notebooks column and the rest of the window draws the eye leftwards, away from the open note where I'm trying to type. I have to hide that entire panel off the edge of my monitor when I'm not using it in order to get anything done. It's poorly thought-out visual design.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the header/toolbar backgrounds being the same colour as the text field; having actual borders there clarified things. Possibly your designers should take a step back and consider that they're not hanging this UI on the wall of the Louvre: it's actually supposed to be functional.

2 hours ago, knicwhit said:

I just updated to 6.6.1 on my Mac (and I honestly should know better by now than to update anything without checking it out first, so my bad there) and I completely hate the dark thing that's going on in the sidebar now. Since I'm getting an enormous amount of chaff trying to revert versions, I just want to ask that you please, please give us some kind of control over the visual appearance, or at least reconsider your colour choices.

It's not so much a problem of aesthetics as that the dramatic difference between the dark Notebooks column and the rest of the window draws the eye leftwards, away from the open note where I'm trying to type. I have to hide that entire panel off the edge of my monitor when I'm not using it in order to get anything done. It's poorly thought-out visual design.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the header/toolbar backgrounds being the same colour as the text field; having actual borders there clarified things. Possibly your designers should take a step back and consider that they're not hanging this UI on the wall of the Louvre: it's actually supposed to be functional.

Hi there @knicwhit. Welcome to the Forums! You can change the theme of the Sidebar by going to View > Sidebar Options > Use Light Sidebar.

• BSR featured and pinned this topic
On 5/9/2016 at 1:30 PM, knicwhit said:

If you want to further hide it, you can drag the right edge of the column over to the left and collapse it, as seen in this screenshot:

Evernote.png

• amanda_h unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived