• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
TracktorTom

Safari Web clipper doesn't work at Safari, Mac (new - May 2016)

84 posts in this topic

Although after the steps I posted above the Save to Evernote window returned, Web Clipper was still logging out on Safari restart so I uninstalled the latest version and installed the earlier version (6.10.1) of Web Clipper via Safari > Safari Extensions and everything seems to be ok now so I will wait for any further Web Clipper updates to auto install in Safari.

I also have -  Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Allow from websites I visit -  selected.

1 person likes this

This fix posted several days ago by CreativeSoul worked for me today! Finally!!

Found the tip somewhere in this forum and it works for me

changing in Safari preferences/privacy/cookies and website data to  "allow from websites I visit" instead of "allow from current website only" works for me on Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Webclipper 6.10.3

1 person likes this

Update: the Web Clipper has continued to work. The new wrinkle is that every time I visit a new website I've never clipped from before, I get the elephant head with the little dot in the browser icon. When I click, I get a new window where I have to sign into Evernote again. 

It seems I have to do this only one time per domain, but it's still annoying.

Hey!

Having same problem here. Webclipper just plain doesn't work. For months already, actually. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, Safari 10.0.3, Webclipper 6.11, installed directly from Evernote site. Cookies allowed in Safari Preferences, as is mentioned in previous posts. When I click on elephant button on toolbar - it opens extra tab, asks me to log in, successfully logs in, closes that extra tab and then NOTHING happens. Every subsequent time I click on that button, same extra tab opens for a moment, I see some "success" in tab name, it closes and still - nothing happens. I used webclip for years, it's really one of the most useful tools to quickly save some useful things I find online, I even remember dirty scripty tricks to make it working from toddler-iOS versions of safary, but now for months already this thing just DOESN'T WORK. At all, I mean. No freacking error messages, no error codes - nothing. It silently sabotage the way I used to use Evernote.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, Evernote Team?

Come on Evernote! Its been several weeks and the clipper still isnt working on Safari. I just keep getting an endless circle like its thinking, or nothing happens at all

Im running Safari 10.0.3 and El Capitan 10.11. Ive unstalled. Reinstalled. Restarted my computer several times. Ive read through discussion forums. No help

Like many people, I rely on this for work. Get it together, Evernote team or I will cancel Premium.

Go into preferences and make sure you can receive cookies from at least the sites you visit.   So, for example, in Safari 10.0.3 I click on Safari>Preferences>Privacy and then select from "Cookies and Website data" >"Allow from websites I visit". 

same thing: 

How could I UP the ticket in its importance?

ok, here is the solution that worked for me:

"I deleted this file and also cleaned the local EN cache files in  ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/ (search folder for "ever" and delete).  I then restarted Safari and installed the 6.11 WC extension and logged in. "

1 person likes this

On 16.3.2017 at 9:51 AM, mfdenis said:

ok, here is the solution that worked for me:

"I deleted this file and also cleaned the local EN cache files in  ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/ (search folder for "ever" and delete).  I then restarted Safari and installed the 6.11 WC extension and logged in. "

Thanks sooo much for your solution mfdenis – it finally helped me solving this annoying EN issue, too.

1 person likes this