Web clipper doesn't work at Safari, Mac (new - May 2016)

TracktorTom

Hi, 

The web clipper is not working on my Mac with Safari. This problem has been on and off for a week or so, but now it is permanent.

I uninstalled it and then installed it again. It doesn't work.

Web clipper is enabled under the Preferences/ Extensions. 

Is there anyone else who is having this problem?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

When you say it is not working, do you mean you cannot login or nothing happens when you clip the icon--but you're already logged into the clipper? I think in this case fully clearing your browsers cache for Safari might help.

I'm having the same issue, reinstalled the extension and reboot Mac to no avail. Running Evernote Clipper on Safari 9.1 and OS X 10.11.4

Whenever I click on the little elephant, nothing happens at all... it neither asks me to sign, nor does the UI popup on the upper right like it used to. It used to work fine. Please resolve this bug.

@NYCroots  Just to let you know, there's another thread about this same issue.  It hasn't been resolved on that thread either for any of us despite the fact that we have all opened tickets.  I realize it's Memorial Day, but I've been having the issue for approx 1.5 weeks even before I installed El Capitan OS X 10.11.5.   I was still using OS X 10.11.4 when the issues started with Web Clipper.  I could be wrong, but I believe the issue is on Evernote's Web Clipper side and nothing to do with the El Capitan update.  It may also be Safari, but not sure because there was a user saying they had the same issue when using Chrome. 

Having the same problem for about two weeks now (Safari: 9.1.1; El Capitan 10.11.5; Webclipper 6.8.1). Clicking on the Webclipper button in the Safari toolbar does nothing; absolutely no response. If I completely uninstall the extension, re-install it, and then sign-in, the extension does work (temporarily), but it stops working the next time I launch Safari.

pipin' in with a "me too".

when i click the elephant icon in safari's toolbar, it actually does open the clipper; & i can make adjustments to the kind of clipping & where to put it & all. but when i click for it to do it, i just get the animated spinner... forever... well, at least until i give up & refresh or close the tab/window.

also note, i can go in to its "options" but 'any' clicks there go unnoticed - even to sign out.

and yes, i too have uninstalled & gone thru the typical motions.

looking much forward to a fix - especially since i'm one of them suckers who pay for premium ;-)

fyi: cross-posted at...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How many people are going to need to threaten cancellation of their paid subscription to get Evernote's attention on this?  I pay a monthly premium, but without the web clipping service this is worth nothing to me.  This makes me very resentful of Evernote. They seem only too pleased to take my money every month, but do not make comment here or other deal with the issue. I wish they were more straight-forward in talking with people. The fact that they aren't tells me they either don't care or are too afraid to say they don't have a fix.  Either one leaves me frustrated!

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded Evernote and it's web clipper on my mac with El Capitan.  When I click on the icon it opens a small pane near the icon with only a few screen clipping features and no tools for highlighting or annotating.  It does not look like the tool sidebar shown on the website video demo.  I want to be able to highlight in yellow, etc. to use as reference but am frustrated at this point.  Not seeing anything like this on the help forum; don't know what to do but put it out there for replies...

On 7/14/2016 at 7:16 AM, random said:

I just downloaded Evernote and it's web clipper on my mac with El Capitan.  When I click on the icon it opens a small pane near the icon with only a few screen clipping features and no tools for highlighting or annotating.  It does not look like the tool sidebar shown on the website video demo.  I want to be able to highlight in yellow, etc. to use as reference but am frustrated at this point.  Not seeing anything like this on the help forum; don't know what to do but put it out there for replies...

Yes, the highlighter doesn't work in 6.9. We'll bring it back in next version. 

14 hours ago, JeanG said:

Still not working on July 21, 2016.  I click on Elephant and animated circle just keeps tumbling.  I have uninstalled and installed several times, same outcome.

Please contact support to solve this problem. Thank you.

So glad to see it's not just me. I have a fabulous iMac at home and a stable of PCs at my office. The clipper for Mac, (which used to work just fine) is SOOOO bad that I've taken to emailing links to myself to be opened up and clipped to Evernote when I'm at my office, not what I'd call convenient.

This is NOT what Evernote is supposed to be, a seamless cross-platform all-purpose filing cabinet.

I turned in a ticket about this issue a couple days ago and have heard nothing back from Evernote, I'm a Premium member, so I've paid my dues.

C'mon Evernote, when is this going to be fixed?

WW

• 2 weeks later...

Add my "me, too." Web clipper is consistently inconsistent: occasionally, I'll get the endless circle; very occasionally, it will work properly; most of the time, absolutely nothing happens. Running El Capitan 10.11.5, and Safari 9.1.1. (And if anyone from Evernote is listening - which seems questionable, since this complaint appears to go back at least two years: I  need Evernote-like functionality and was all set to pony up  the (increased) premium price. But the persistence of this problem is certainly reason to reconsider ...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here. Clipper will no longer work in Safari on El Capitan (either Safari technology preview ver 14 or regular Safari ver 10.0). Tried reinstalling extension, restarting etc. Just won't work. But it does work in Firefox on same machine. Evernote have known about this for a while but nothing happens. They have spent too much time trying to extract more money from us and have taken their eye off the ball. Always happens when corporations get too large, the monetising tail starts to wag the dog and old fashioned customer service goes out the window..

This has got to be an intermittent issue. I use safari the majority of the time and can remember two times I've had to refresh. It's works on Sierra betas for me the whole time. 

Now I do clear my cache every time I close the browser with a Mac app called privatus so that might make a difference. 

Im currently on the latest public beta for Sierra. 

On 10/10/2016 at 9:45 AM, captianslocum said:

I too have just installed 6.9.2 and Clipper is working again. Fingers crossed!

Hi,

Did you do anything in particular or is your Safari set to automatically update extensions?

I have 6.9.2 and it isn't working consistently for me on Safari.  I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension.  I see you posted about 30 or so hours ago, how do you think your Clipper came about to work again? ...'cause mine is still spinning and spinning!

Question to @captianslocum and @herbcochran-amcham or anyone else for that matter.  Thanks!!

Below is log of upgrades.

Maybe it was not Safari 10, which I downloaded and installed on Sep 22, but Evernote 6.9.1, which I downloaded and installed on Oct 1. And my first comment was Oct 1

Notice that I downloaded and installed Evernote 6.9.2 on Oct 9, and then posted on Oct 9 (see above) that the clipping seemed to work. 

Safari 10 22 Sep 2016  downloaded and installed. 

Evernote 6.9.1 01 Oct 2016    downloaded and installed

Note: comment on Oct 1 Evernote doesn’t clip files since I upgraded to Evernote 6.9.1 on Oct 1

Evernote 6.9.2 09 Oct 2016    downloaded and installed

Note: comment on Oct 9. Evernote seems to work again now. My OS is El Capitan, OS 10.11.6

I'm having this issue is well, all of a sudden. Typically I use Chrome, but I'm currently having issues with Chrome, so that is not an alternative for me. I started using Safari Evernote extension yesterday or the day before and it worked fine up until about a half hour ago (12:30am Central US Wednesday 10/12). Then it just started giving the error "cannot save clip". That is all. No uninstalling/reinstalling, no signing out/signing in, no restarting the computer does any good.

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6, Evernote 6.9.2 and Safari 10.0

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6, Evernote 6.9.2 and Safari 10.0

My problem suddenly occurred where Clipper asked for a sign-in (which sometimes happens) but this time it would not send the information.

In looking at the problem it appears there is an item missing in the JS code for clipper. See attached screen shot.

Normally it would be just a matter of reporting the bug to the Company but Evernote makes it impossible to do that. Does anybody know how? Do they monitor these forums?

Can anybody pass this on to them? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.31.45 AM.PDF

My problem is now fixed. I did find a way to contact Evernote Support and for the record here was their suggestion which did work.

"It looks like this issue could be stemming from a problem with extension data in the Safari cache. To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps to deep clean the cache:

Uninstall the Evernote Web Clipper in Safari by navigating to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Evernote Web Clipper and choose Uninstall
From the menubar, choose Safari > Clear History and choose All History then Clear History
On your keyboard, press ⌘ command + ⌥ option + esc simultaneously, then select Safari and choose Force Quit
Restart your Mac
Open Safari and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper . If prompted to choose between installing the extension from the Safari Extensions Gallery or directly from the developper choose Install from Developer. This will ensure you install the latest version of the extension (version 6.9.4)."

Hope this is useful if others encounter this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fellows..

It's weird to me. Doesn't work until now I read this discussion. I uninstalled and installed again. Didn't ask me login ou out. I tried remove the extension and installed through download of developer site and nothing happens again. And I customized the icon and put it on the right side in the bar. Nothing happen. The menu bar had a elephant icon that crop print screens(new features of this new version Evernote app) and I just the Evernote app and the web clip back to life again! Hey Mr. Ruben, may be it's a conflict app matters.

It's not working properly in Chrome either. I keep seeing the Web Clipper icon getting the red dot on it, meaning it's not logged in - well I just logged in for 3 minutes ago. Almost every time I want to use it it wants me to login, no matter if I choose Google login or my own user name & password. Time consuming and irritating.

Let's make one thing clear - my problems (both in Safari & Chrome) started when Evernote implemented the Google account login option. This is a clearly too rushed in-implementation, Evernote is in a hurry for some reason. Either you're losing paying users or something else, the new CEO is a former Google guy so he's maybe pushing the Google login, and what I see on the horizon within a year or two is integration with Google Drive and then there'll be Microsoft Office365 including OneNote vs. Google Apps (Office) including Evernote - or whatever they'll be calling it then (GooNotes?).

I'm a sarcastic and pissed off premium user, I've been supporting Evernote since 2008. Lately, the Evernote services have been full of issues on all levels - dropping the login, slow sync, Webb clipper issues, small annoyances in the iOS etc.  

On 11/15/2016 at 9:05 AM, Homesick said:

It's not working properly in Chrome either. I keep seeing the Web Clipper icon getting the red dot on it, meaning it's not logged in - well I just logged in for 3 minutes ago. Almost every time I want to use it it wants me to login, no matter if I choose Google login or my own user name & password. Time consuming and irritating.

Let's make one thing clear - my problems (both in Safari & Chrome) started when Evernote implemented the Google account login option. This is a clearly too rushed in-implementation, Evernote is in a hurry for some reason. Either you're losing paying users or something else, the new CEO is a former Google guy so he's maybe pushing the Google login, and what I see on the horizon within a year or two is integration with Google Drive and then there'll be Microsoft Office365 including OneNote vs. Google Apps (Office) including Evernote - or whatever they'll be calling it then (GooNotes?).

I'm a sarcastic and pissed off premium user, I've been supporting Evernote since 2008. Lately, the Evernote services have been full of issues on all levels - dropping the login, slow sync, Webb clipper issues, small annoyances in the iOS etc.  

Ditto

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to give up on Evernote altogether.  Web Clipper simply doesn't work reliably and I spend huge amounts of time trolling around trying to find fixes.  The help threads are completely useless and there is no direct service.  This is a case study in how to build a completely useless platform that eats peoples' time and pretend like its the best thing since sliced bread.  

When you guys installed the clipper you should have gotten a system message from Apple that asked if you wanted to install from the site or from the extension gallery. If you pick from the gallery option the extensions are automatically updated. I used this method and I haven't had a problem with it on Safari. I'm also running the beta for macOS Sierra so the regular build should be fine if you try the gallery install. 

I have used clipper for many years on my IMac with iOS 10.7.5,  Last couple of days, Clipper is not working.  I click the elephant icon but nothing happens and no messages. I have tried a few times:  rebooting computer; uninstalling and reinstalling Clipper; signing to and in again to Evernote.  BTW, no problem on my laptop with iOS 10.12.1.

On 10/19/2016 at 0:18 PM, any said:

@ricedic at 9:54pm EDT, Dec 18, 2016

Below is how to fix the problem, thanks to "any" on Oct 19, 2016. I followed his instructions, and it worked. The only change I made was that I did clear all the caches. see highlights below, but only cleared "Yesterday and today" ... I didn't want to lose all my "cookies." 

My problem is now fixed. I did find a way to contact Evernote Support and for the record here was their suggestion which did work.

"It looks like this issue could be stemming from a problem with extension data in the Safari cache. To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps to deep clean the cache:

Uninstall the Evernote Web Clipper in Safari by navigating to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Evernote Web Clipper and choose Uninstall
From the menubar, choose Safari > Clear History and choose All History then Clear History 

[I did not choose "All History," but chose "today and yesterday" because I didn't want to lose all "cookies," etc.
On your keyboard, press ⌘ command + ⌥ option + esc simultaneously, then select Safari and choose Force Quit
Restart your Mac
Open Safari and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper . If prompted to choose between installing the extension from the Safari Extensions Gallery or directly from the developper choose Install from Developer. This will ensure you install the latest version of the extension (version 6.9.4)."

[I did all of the above, and it worked. My system is OS 10.11.16, Safari 10.0.2 (just installed on Sat, Dec 17), and Evernote 6.10]

Hope this is useful if others encounter this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have OSX Sierra 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2 and Webclipper 6.10.3. (So all the latest versions right now.) Tried suggested solutions like deleting cookies and history, deinstalling, reinstalling. Nothing worked. Anyoneelse facing the same issue with the same versions?

WebClipper has completely crapped out over the past few days -- I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, re-logging into the Web Clipper... Nothing. The WebClipper icon in the toolbar has a little dot below the elephant -- is that new? I don't remember that.

This is very frustrating. I rely on the WebClipper a lot, but I'd like to find something that doesn't make me jump through hoops and make chants to make it work.

Safari 10.0.2
Mac 10.12.2
Evernote Web Clipper 6.10.1 (installed from Apple's site)

On 12/14/2016 at 7:53 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

When you guys installed the clipper you should have gotten a system message from Apple that asked if you wanted to install from the site or from the extension gallery. If you pick from the gallery option the extensions are automatically updated. 

In the post from ANY Posted October 18, 2016 they report "Open Safari and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper . If prompted to choose between installing the extension from the Safari Extensions Gallery or directly from the developper choose Install from Developer. This will ensure you install the latest version of the extension (version 6.9.4)."

Can you clear this up for us having trouble using the web clipper?

Thank you in advance

On 01/01/2017 at 8:00 AM, CreativeSoul said:

I have OSX Sierra 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2 and Webclipper 6.10.3. (So all the latest versions right now.) Tried suggested solutions like deleting cookies and history, deinstalling, reinstalling. Nothing worked. Anyoneelse facing the same issue with the same versions?

I also have OSX Sierra 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2 and Webclipper 6.10.3. Running on Reina 5K, 32Gb ram. I am a Premium member and have previously successfully clipped thousands of items using Webclipper on this machine.

As Webclipper was not working I meticulously worked through all steps of herbcochran-amcham's Dec 18 fix without any apparent impact on the problem.

The Webclipper icon now displays a small dot at the bottom left hand side of the elephant.  When Webclipper is clicked I'm asked to log in, after doing this it still does not work. There is no menu being displayed by Webclipper. But a new tabbed window ( titled "Success!" but with no content (completely empty white page) is briefly displayed (about 2s) before the tab disappears.

I am also using Webclipper on my laptop (OSX Sierra 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2 and Webclipper 6.9.2) and it is still working normally.

I would like to see a workable fix to this problem soon.

Found the tip somewhere in this forum and it works for me

changing in Safari preferences/privacy/cookies and website data to  "allow from websites I visit" instead of "allow from current website only" works for me on Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Webclipper 6.10.3

Thanks so much for the tip, it was very greatly appreciated.

After selecting the "allow from websites I visit" option and logging into Evernote again (as requested) the dot with the elephant has gone and Webclipper is working again. Perhaps the dot on the elephant icon was telling me I wasn't logged in because of the old preference setting?

Another mystery to me is that since I hadn't been near the preference settings prior to Webclipper failing, why did it "spontaneously" become an issue on my machine and cause it to stop working?

On 1/5/2017 at 5:35 AM, CreativeSoul said:

changing in Safari preferences/privacy/cookies and website data to  "allow from websites I visit" instead of "allow from current website only" works for me on Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Webclipper 6.10.3

Mine is already set to "allow from websites I visit." I still have the dot with the elephant head on the button, though.

Update: Oh, hey, look at that! The dot has disappeared from the button. Now when I put the web clipper button, another Safari window opens, I log into Evernote, the window closes...and no page gets clipped. Every. Time. WHAT IS GOING ON, EVERNOTE?

On 1/5/2017 at 2:52 PM, sgda said:

After selecting the "allow from websites I visit" option and logging into Evernote again (as requested) the dot with the elephant has gone and Webclipper is working again. Perhaps the dot on the elephant icon was telling me I wasn't logged in because of the old preference setting?

Another mystery to me is that since I hadn't been near the preference settings prior to Webclipper failing, why did it "spontaneously" become an issue on my machine and cause it to stop working?

After a couple of days of re-installing, cache clearing, and forum searching. This was the fix that worked for me, as well. My current system specs are Mas OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and Evernote Version 6.10 and Safari Version 10.0.2. Thanks to sgda for posting this! Good luck to the rest of yous guys!

A few days later I still now have the dot on the Evernote icon. Each use of Webclipper now requires me to log in again which is hardly convenient or productive. I see no options at Safari - Preferences - Extensions - Evernote Web Clipper 6.10.3 to control this behaviour.

I join the chorus of folks with this issue. Web clipper stopped working with a little dot next to the elephant. I get the sign in screen, but almost every time I go to clip I have to sign in again. Someone suggested allowing cookies from all sites I vist, vs just the current site. But I allow only the current site to help cut down on tracking cookies across sites. This may not cut down on advertisers, but I figure it can't hurt. I recently installed Disconnect which helps block tracking betwteen web sites. I wonder if that has anything to do with the clipper failing. I can disable that extension and see what happens.

Fixed !!!

Followed   CreativeSoul suggestion from January 5 2017 and now it works perfectly!

on Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Evernote 6.10

Thanks CreativeSoul

Juke

CreativeSoul

• CreativeSoul
  • Member +
  • 13 posts
15 hours ago, Juke said:

"changing in Safari preferences/privacy/cookies and website data to  "allow from websites I visit" instead of "allow from current website only" works for me on Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Webclipper 6.10.3"

CreativeSoul

Posted January 5

Still doesn’t work for me with either of those privacy settings.

I’m stuck in the “login successful” loop as reported by sgda

I see that dianeofnka reports clearing history and cookies clears the problem but I don’t particularly want to go down the root unless others report similar success with it.

Sierra 10.12.2 Safari 10.0.2, Webclipper 6.10.3"

@NABcom, what fixed the constant need to log in for me (and removed the dot next to the elephant head) was to sign into the web version of EN being sure to select "Remember me for 30 days". If I sign out of the website, I note that the dot has returned, and if I sign in again, it goes away. I think this is the real issue, not cookies. Hope this helps.

22 minutes ago, jim.g said:

@NABcom, what fixed the constant need to log in for me (and removed the dot next to the elephant head) was to sign into the web version of EN being sure to select "Remember me for 30 days". If I sign out of the website, I note that the dot has returned, and if I sign in again, it goes away. I think this is the real issue, not cookies. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I did try logging in to Evernote via the browser and just did so again making sure I clicked “Keep me logged in for 30 days” but no change.

41 minutes ago, NABcom said:

Thanks, I did try logging in to Evernote via the browser and just did so again making sure I clicked “Keep me logged in for 30 days” but no change.

@NABcom, bummer. Ok, try the following. This should completely reset everything (maybe it does have something to do with cookies :huh:). Btw, I just did these steps on my Mac.

• Sign out of Evernote in all open Safari tabs (and windows if any) and close the tabs.
  • Uninstall the Web Clipper (Preferences>Extensions>click uninstall).
  • Go to Preferences>Privacy>Manage Website Data>type “ever" in the search box>select the evernote.com item>click Remove (not Remove All), wait and if after a few seconds the evernote.com item returns, then that means you haven’t signed out of EN in all tabs/windows. Do so and return to here.)>Done.
  • Restart Safari.
  • Go to EN website and sign in selecting the “Remember me for 30 days” box.
  • Reinstall the Web Clipper (Safari>Safari Extensions).
  • Restart Safari.
  • Is the dot gone from beside the elephant icon, and does the Clipper work properly? Fingers crossed.

@jim.g - Installing the extension via Safari > Extensions resulted in Clipper 6.10.1 being installed but I completed the procedure anyway.

6.10.1  - dot is still there and every time I click on it to login and save to Evernote I get "You must sign in using the Clip To Evernote toolbar button before you can make clips"

So I went through the procedure again and this time downloaded the latest version from Evernote

6.10.3 - dot has gone but I’m back to the “Success” message for login but no “Save to Evernote” appears

Plus if I restart Safari I’m logged out again

--

After the above I also tried both privacy settings again and turning of other extensions.

Oh well, thanks for you help, back to the drawing board…

Ok, I went down the @dianeofnka route after seeing it worked for another poster in another thread.

In Safari I went: 

Develop > Empty Caches,  

Safari > Clear History > “today and yesterday”

Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All

Problem solved but I think it is the “Remove cookies and website data > Remove all” that did it so if you do that make sure you have your passwords noted because you will likely be logged out of websites you’ve asked to remember you.

As previously reported it also seems to now make a difference in terms of staying logged in after Safari restart if you have Safari > Privacy > Allow from websites I visit selected

Just now, NABcom said:

Ok, I went down the @dianeofnka route after seeing it worked for another poster in another thread.

In Safari I went: 

Develop > Empty Caches,  

Safari > Clear History > “today and yesterday”

Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All

Problem solved but I think it is the “Remove cookies and website data > Remove all” that did it so if you do that make sure you have your passwords noted because you will likely be logged out of websites you’ve asked to remember you.

As previously reported it also seems to now make a difference in terms of staying logged in after Safari restart if you have Safari > Privacy > Allow from websites I visit selected

That's fantastic! The problem must be multifactorial as I was able to fix it a different way. One thing that people may want to try first is to only remove the evernote.com cookie. This would preserve all the other website/password settings. If it doesn't work that way, than they can always go back and do Remove All.

6 minutes ago, jim.g said:

Develop > Empty Caches,

For those who may not know how to show Develop in the menu bar, it's under Preferences>Advanced>check the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" box at the bottom of the window.

Although after the steps I posted above the Save to Evernote window returned, Web Clipper was still logging out on Safari restart so I uninstalled the latest version and installed the earlier version (6.10.1) of Web Clipper via Safari > Safari Extensions and everything seems to be ok now so I will wait for any further Web Clipper updates to auto install in Safari.

I also have -  Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Allow from websites I visit -  selected.

This fix posted several days ago by CreativeSoul worked for me today! Finally!!

• 4 weeks later...

Update: the Web Clipper has continued to work. The new wrinkle is that every time I visit a new website I've never clipped from before, I get the elephant head with the little dot in the browser icon. When I click, I get a new window where I have to sign into Evernote again. 

It seems I have to do this only one time per domain, but it's still annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Having same problem here. Webclipper just plain doesn't work. For months already, actually. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, Safari 10.0.3, Webclipper 6.11, installed directly from Evernote site. Cookies allowed in Safari Preferences, as is mentioned in previous posts. When I click on elephant button on toolbar - it opens extra tab, asks me to log in, successfully logs in, closes that extra tab and then NOTHING happens. Every subsequent time I click on that button, same extra tab opens for a moment, I see some "success" in tab name, it closes and still - nothing happens. I used webclip for years, it's really one of the most useful tools to quickly save some useful things I find online, I even remember dirty scripty tricks to make it working from toddler-iOS versions of safary, but now for months already this thing just DOESN'T WORK. At all, I mean. No freacking error messages, no error codes - nothing. It silently sabotage the way I used to use Evernote.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, Evernote Team?

Come on Evernote! Its been several weeks and the clipper still isnt working on Safari. I just keep getting an endless circle like its thinking, or nothing happens at all

Im running Safari 10.0.3 and El Capitan 10.11. Ive unstalled. Reinstalled. Restarted my computer several times. Ive read through discussion forums. No help

Like many people, I rely on this for work. Get it together, Evernote team or I will cancel Premium.

Go into preferences and make sure you can receive cookies from at least the sites you visit.   So, for example, in Safari 10.0.3 I click on Safari>Preferences>Privacy and then select from "Cookies and Website data" >"Allow from websites I visit". 

ok, here is the solution that worked for me:

"I deleted this file and also cleaned the local EN cache files in  ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/ (search folder for "ever" and delete).  I then restarted Safari and installed the 6.11 WC extension and logged in. "

On 16.3.2017 at 9:51 AM, mfdenis said:

ok, here is the solution that worked for me:

"I deleted this file and also cleaned the local EN cache files in  ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/ (search folder for "ever" and delete).  I then restarted Safari and installed the 6.11 WC extension and logged in. "

Thanks sooo much for your solution mfdenis – it finally helped me solving this annoying EN issue, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived