Paste in evernote 6.0.6.1769 returns me to top of note

I'm using 6.0.5.1723 (301723) Public on Windows 10 machine and every time I paste in a note, it takes me to the top of the note.  Then I need to scroll back down to where I pasted and was working and continue working.  Sounds like a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about every time I paste a screenshot into a note, I'm then sent up to the top of my note.

Very annoying when I'm in a long note as I then need to scroll down to where I was.

I assume this is some kind of bug? 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, natv said:

Just about every time I paste a screenshot into a note, I'm then sent up to the top of my note.

Very annoying when I'm in a long note as I then need to scroll down to where I was.

I assume this is some kind of bug? 

I can confirm this happens - just created 30 - 40 lines of gibberish in a new note, pasted a photo at the end of the text - the bottom of the note - and was immediately taken back to the beginning of the note - at the top.

I created support ticket #1601816, and will advise of progress (or lack thereof).

• Like 1

Hi there, I'd never had this problem until a few hours ago when I updated to 6.0.6.1769... frustrating as I'm still working on the same project, but it's now taking twice as long!

• Like 1

I just upgraded evernote this morning and now when I paste content into a note, the cursor automatically goes back to the top of the note after the paste operation. It should stay where I was working but this problem is causing me to enter text in the wrong place in the note.

Any ideas how I can stop this happening?

• Like 2

I have the same problem when doing a search inside the note. I want to click with the mouse on a place where the search query was found and it automatically Evernote scrolls it back to the top of the not instead. It clearly a bug. Please fix it. Thanks.

same for me, not fully consistent though:

• pasting simply formatted text typically does not cause this
  • pasting images always causes that cursor automatically goes back to the top of the note after the paste operation
  • pasting bulleted, formatted content is more likely to cause the issue
  • Like 1

Good to hear a fix is on it's way!

As a workaround in the meantime, pressing ctrl-end will jump you down to the bottom of the note (under Windows at least). Doesn't help much if you're pasting in the middle of the note but has saved me some time.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I experience this as well, but not in a consistent manner. After pasting, sometimes my cursor will be at the top, sometimes just a few lines up from the end of my paste. If I paste and hit Enter to see where my cursor actually is, sometimes I get a new line at the end of my pasted content, sometimes it's a few lines up, sometimes it's at the very top of the note. This is all when pasting plain text, as I don't dare paste anything with any formatting into Evernote. If I do, I'll have to manually fix the formatting because Undo still doesn't work. This happens on the desktop version (6.06) on Win7 and Win10.

Downloading 6.1 now...

Update: on first use, it appears to have been fixed, but I'll give it a few days. Now I have to go remove the add-ons that it didn't ask me to install every time I update (Outlook, IE).

Update: now it's even weirder (current version 6.1.2.2292). Now when I paste, the cursor is a few lines below where I pasted. If I hit Enter once, nothing at all  happens. If I hit Enter twice, a line break gets added several lines below my paste. This happens when pasting from another or the same note in Evernote, as well as from outside Evernote.

Edited by RWolfe
Updated results

Maybe it was an upgrade.  Didn't connect those dots.  I have Evernote on all my PCs (different platforms too) -- making this device limitation a real issue for me.  A few weeks ago on my work account whenever I use COPY PASTE in another program (like WORD or EXCEL), the content on the clipboard creates a new note in Evernote, and nothing happens on the WORD or EXCEL file I'm working in.  I thought it might have to do with CLIPPING.  I discovered that if I EXIT Evernote the problem goes away.  Confirmed with my office Helpdesk that this is an Evernote problem.  Also just within Evernote when I try COPY PASTE, the pasted content winds up in a new note instead of where I am trying to PASTE it within the same note.  SOOOO ANNOYING.  COPY PASTE is so very basic to alot that I do, apparently.

And now this device limitation for the Basic Plan.  How does it cost Evernote a damn penny if I have downloaded the app onto multiple PCs.  I rely on this program for so much, and I feel betrayed that they are making this change.  But this is another topic -- sorry for ranting.  (grumble grumble)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, netnellie said:

Maybe it was an upgrade.  Didn't connect those dots.  I have Evernote on all my PCs (different platforms too) -- making this device limitation a real issue for me.  A few weeks ago on my work account whenever I use COPY PASTE in another program (like WORD or EXCEL), the content on the clipboard creates a new note in Evernote, and nothing happens on the WORD or EXCEL file I'm working in.  I thought it might have to do with CLIPPING.  I discovered that if I EXIT Evernote the problem goes away.  Confirmed with my office Helpdesk that this is an Evernote problem.  Also just within Evernote when I try COPY PASTE, the pasted content winds up in a new note instead of where I am trying to PASTE it within the same note.  SOOOO ANNOYING.  COPY PASTE is so very basic to alot that I do, apparently.

And now this device limitation for the Basic Plan.  How does it cost Evernote a damn penny if I have downloaded the app onto multiple PCs.  I rely on this program for so much, and I feel betrayed that they are making this change.  But this is another topic -- sorry for ranting.  (grumble grumble)

Check this thread:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Im on Version 7.2.1 on a Mac and i'm still experiencing this issue.

Specifically, when I copy (some text) and paste it on a new line, EN scrolls the page up a few paragraphs -- not to the top of the page as many of you have mentioned.

Solutions anyone?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, jasecutler said:

Im on Version 7.2.1 on a Mac and i'm still experiencing this issue.

Specifically, when I copy (some text) and paste it on a new line, EN scrolls the page up a few paragraphs -- not to the top of the page as many of you have mentioned.

Solutions anyone?

You're posting in a topic that's specific to the Windows Evernote client. You should search the Mac-specific forums (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/219-evernote-for-mac/https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/218-evernote-for-mac/) to see if there's a solution there.

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded evernote this morning and now when I paste content into a note, the cursor automatically goes back to the top of the note after the paste operation. It should stay where I was working but this problem is causing me to enter text in the wrong place in the note.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.fbgabogados.com

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

I don't think it's a very common problem these days--this is a 4-year-old thread pertaining to v. 6.0.6; the current version is 6.25.1, so if it's happening again the cause may be entirely different. I just tried pasting an image at the bottom of a note, and the cursor stayed put there.

Can you give some more details? Evernote v. 6.25.1, correct? What version of Windows? Does it happen when pasting certain kinds of material? What's the exact process? Any of this info may be helpful in sorting it out. (Note that we are mainly fellow-users here, not Evernote staff.)

• 2 months later...

On 7/8/2020 at 1:05 AM, MAJI said:

It's 2020 now, and I'm still experiencing this issue. Double checked that I'm on the latest version. Does Evernote care about customer feedback?

Yes. Evernote has always done this, and I have used it for years. It is very annoying, and they still haven't fixed it.

Working on a Mac now, and I have Version 7.14.

On 7/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I don't think it's a very common problem these days--this is a 4-year-old thread pertaining to v. 6.0.6; the current version is 6.25.1, so if it's happening again the cause may be entirely different. I just tried pasting an image at the bottom of a note, and the cursor stayed put there.

The issue is not where the cursor is. The issue is where the viewer is. The cursor remains in place, but for longer notes, the viewer jumps to the top of the note. It happens EVERY TIME something is pasted into a place to which one must scroll from the top to see. If you are scrolled down there when you paste, the viewer bumps up to the top of the note, though the cursor remains where the thing was pasted.

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums. This forum is dedicated to the Windows desktop program. You're likely to get more relevant answers in the Mac forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/219-evernote-for-mac-issues/. FWIW, I just tried pasting several images at the end of a fairly long note in the current version of the Windows program, and the viewer remained there. So the problem may be a Mac one.

• Like 1