Correct the cropping of snapshots on mac.

I used to be able to crop my Macbook Pro Retina snapshots without any problem. Now I can't do it because when I do, the snapshot crops to a ridiculous size and I loose the image completely. 

Love your product, please correct this! 

Thank you.

Use Skitch which is a software made by the same company of Evernote to use with Evernote :) i feel not a lot of people know about this software at all, nether did i at one point but i've been using it for a while now and it's been a very safe software to use, i used to use Lightshot and that's just riddled with malware :( so i tried Skitch and not 1 virus, but it does WAY more than these Third Party screen shot softwares, you can crop, screen shot, add shapes to indicate to things like add arrows and circles to make proffesional looking tutoriels and presentations or jsut circle stuff for fun with friends, you can add text to images too and you can say them in JPEG format, i obsolotely fell in love with it when i found it.

23 hours ago, Milchkuh said:

I used to be able to crop my Macbook Pro Retina snapshots without any problem. Now I can't do it because when I do, the snapshot crops to a ridiculous size and I loose the image completely. 

Love your product, please correct this! 

Thank you.

Hi @Milchkuh,

Thanks for writing in. Our developers are working on a fix for this issue, though I do not know exactly when or what version that will be rolled out in.

For the time being, I recommend the following workaround:

1. Right click on the image in the note
2. Select Open with... > Select Preview
3. Drag to select the area you'd like to crop
4. Press Command-K or navigate to Tools > Crop
5. Close out of Preview, notice the crop selection has automatically and correctly updated within Evernote

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, BSR said:

5. Close out of Preview, notice the crop selection has automatically and correctly updated within Evernote

@Milchkuh

It is very important that you SAVE the changes in Preview before you "Close out of Preview", or your changes will not be saved to your Evernote Note.

@BSR, you might consider revising your above post to add a step between (4) and (5) to "Save your changes" 

• What I do is:
    • CMD+S
    • CMD+W

18 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

@Milchkuh

It is very important that you SAVE the changes in Preview before you "Close out of Preview", or your changes will not be saved to your Evernote Note.

@BSR, you might consider revising your above post to add a step between (4) and (5) to "Save your changes" 

• What I do is:
    • CMD+S
    • CMD+W

Thanks for the addendum, @JMichaelTX. I'll have the appropriate team update those instructions for us :).

Archived