Search intitle: no longer working?

The intitle: search is still there. One thing to keep in mind is that advanced searches like intitle: look for an exact match to the searchterm, unless followed by a wildcard (*). For example, if you have a note titled Stars, searching for intitle:st won't find the note, searching for intitle:stars or intitle:st* will. If this doesn't help, please post a specific example of a note title and a search query that don't work.

• Level 5*
On 5/7/2016 at 2:40 AM, timmycomedy said:

For some reason I can't get intitle: searchterm to work anymore.  Has this changed?

I don't know if this is a factor or not, but the searchterm must be immediately after the "intitle:" qualifier, with NO spaces:
intitle:searchterm

Oh these are the greatest!  It was a combination of all these issues - I wasn't putting the searchterm w/o spaces after "intitle:"  I also wasn't aware of using double quotes to assure EN would register spaces.

You guys are the best!  Responsive too!  I'm a 5-year Stand up comedian and I would be loooost w/o Evernote.  It's my personal RAM.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone, 

First post here, I would really appreciate your help.

I've several notes with titles stating by special characters such as @ § ou #.

I'd like to use the operator intitle: to find them but many other notes are coming out : all notes with title starting by # or @ § and some with no special character in title.

Does someone know a trick ? 

Thanks a lot, 

Bygs

• Level 5

The intitle: search command is very powerful. I don't use any special characters in the Evernote title, due to the reasons you mentioned above.  I'm up to 44,000 notes.

• I find tagging the note to be a more accurate method to categorize my notes
  • I also use the date as a prefix to the title.  (YYMMDD-title description)
  • My title usually looks like this: YYMMDD - location - subject - person
  • Level 5*

Yup.  Wot he said.  Plus Evernote Search works on alpha-numerics and (of all other special characters) underlines,  and only on the lead character(s) in a word.  So:  search for "intitle:_" and you'll find " _this" "but not_this".  Your tactic won't work I'm afraid - but don't be downhearted: there are dozens of options out there...

How to use Evernote's advanced search syntax

• 3 months later...

I have 15k notes, and have started to use search more often now to find specific notes that I want to retrieve from the distant past.  However when I use the search term intitle:someWord or intitle:"some string of words" in the search bar Evernote draws a blank, which is plainly wrong as I then spend some time manually finding those notes. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug in Evernote search?

Thanks in advance

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Nick Smith said:

I have 15k notes, and have started to use search more often now to find specific notes that I want to retrieve from the distant past.  However when I use the search term intitle:someWord or intitle:"some string of words" in the search bar Evernote draws a blank, which is plainly wrong as I then spend some time manually finding those notes. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug in Evernote search?

Can you give specific examples

I always prefer intitle: searches to general searches

AHA... think I've sorted it!

If I was previously using a saved search, and type intitle:somePhrase in the search bar, even though the search information shows the correct search format, the search doesn't work. However, if I click the X on the previous search to clear it, then type new (intitle:) search, everything works fine!!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nick Smith said:

AHA... think I've sorted it!

If I was previously using a saved search, and type intitle:somePhrase in the search bar, even though the search information shows the correct search format, the search doesn't work. However, if I click the X on the previous search to clear it, then type new (intitle:) search, everything works fine!!

You can also enable "Clear context on search" in Tools > Options > Search. Then hit F6 to search and prior search context will be cleared giving you a search from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with the intittle: search not showing results. The problem for me was I was leaving a space between the : and the first letter of the search phrase. Example intittle: car came up with nothing but intittle:car brought back the results I was looking for. 

• 5 months later...

Hello, I'm wondering i'm trying to search every note title that have the letters "GP03" in their title.

Problem here is there are no spaces, or none start with the letters.

I've tried 

intitle:*GP03 - no results

intitle:*GP03* - no results

SO how with I find titles like:

TAAShopping_GP03Paid

TAAShopping_GP03Checked

TIRShopping_GP03Paid

MSY_GP03Review

Or is this just not possible yet?

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Lemonope said:

i'm trying to search every note title that have the letters "GP03" in their title

Evernote can only search for words beginning with “GP03”, but not at the middle or end.  You can’t use *GP03

Full documentation at    Evernote Search Grammar

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Lemonope said:

Ouch, okay thank guess I better have to rename everything and remove the bottom slash.

Tags work well      tag:GP03

Archived