philanon

Firefox Clipper broken in FF after Apr 2016 update

One day around the end of April, the clipper signed me out and displayed % symbols around everything. It was named web_clipper instead of Evernote Web Clipper in my addons list in Firefox. I was able to sign in but couldn't change tags or clip options without the menus. I went to the clipper version history site and downloaded the 6.1 version and everything was fine. I'm using Firefox 45.0.2 on Windows 10. The % issue is said to be resolved with this update, but I never had it before now. Anyone else having this issue?

What's the language you're using? Would you be able to post a screenshot? Thank you.
We'll try to duplicate your problem

I updated FF to 46.0.1. I'm using English. I updated the Evernote addon again to see if it would happen again and it did. Here are some screenshots of the issue.

3.png

1.PNG

2.png

It's broken for me as well in FF.  If I click on the save button with  pdf selected, nothing happens at all. Firefox 46.0.1, "web_clipper" 6.2.0, Windows 10.

The whole thing is odd. There's no chance to choose which account I want to clip to, the only option is "cloud",

I noticed that depending on how you access clipper options, you can save clips "to the cloud" (exclusively) or to "Evernote web/Evernote Desktop". I'm not sure what that means. I only came across it while troubleshooting a different problem.

Also, in the green box the screenshot shows that I am not signed in, but there is no way to sign in (there is no link there or anywhere else that I could find).

20160525evernotewebclipper.jpg

On 5/25/2016 at 2:45 PM, lisec said:

I noticed that depending on how you access clipper options, you can save clips "to the cloud" (exclusively) or to "Evernote web/Evernote Desktop". I'm not sure what that means. I only came across it while troubleshooting a different problem.

Also, in the green box the screenshot shows that I am not signed in, but there is no way to sign in (there is no link there or anywhere else that I could find).

20160525evernotewebclipper.jpg

The option to clip to Desktop is not currently available to Mac or linux based users. This is something we're working on adding back, however. If you are on a PC you will see the option available. If you reset your Firefox extensions do you see an option to login appear? Here are steps from the Mozilla knowledge base on how to do this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings