magicturtle

Version 6.0.6.1769 , a real hassle to search tags

Idea

Is there a way to directly search for specific tags from the main search bar, like the previous versions? 

Edited by magicturtle
n/a
  • Like 1

5 replies to this idea

To the right of the search bar there is a drop-down arrow. Click on that. A smaller magnifying glass on top of a luggage tag appears. Click on that and a new search box appears. It is initially notebook specific, so you may need to go to a notebook that has tags, or go to all notes. Enter a few letters of your tag, and a list of options appear. Much easier than typing tag:xyz in the search bar, because you will soon know if you have made a mistake.

• Like 1

I hope this change for standard tag searches is not as drastic as explained above.

• click on the drop-down menu
  • then click on the magnifying glass
  • then change to all notes
  • then type in tag

Typing the tag:xyz into the search bar is my preferred and my only method of running a search using a tag or tags.

I will hold off on the upgrade for a few weeks until the dust settles and see how other users react to this change..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I hope this change for standard tag searches is not as drastic as explained above.

• click on the drop-down menu
  • then click on the magnifying glass
  • then change to all notes
  • then type in tag

Typing the tag:xyz into the search bar is my preferred and my only method of running a search using a tag or tags.

I will hold off on the upgrade for a few weeks until the dust settles and see how other users react to this change..

The tag:xyz still works in the search box.

14 hours ago, magicturtle said:

Is there a way to directly search for specific tags from the main search bar, like the previous versions? 

Shift-Alt-T or Alt-F2 will display the tag picker.  The benefit to Shift-Alt-T is you can select multiple tags for a search in one pass, that is, tag - enter - tag -enter.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Justice said:

The tag:xyz still works in the search box.

Thank you for confirming there has not been any change in standard tag searches.. 

• Like 1