Need ability to edit title of photo based note

birtwhistle

Idea

When I add a note to a notebook by using the photo method, there is no way to edit or even review the title that the note will be given automatically, which is usually related to some event on the calendar. Currently, you have to manually open up the note again once it has been created and edit the title through several steps.

I would think that it would be a far better user experience simply be able to edit the title of the note before saving it. Currently you can't even tell what the note will be titled because it's not even presented to the user before saving, which can result in erroneously titled notes. Another suggestion, could you suggest titles based on OCRing the text and possibly provide an option to choose either the calendar context or the OCRed suggestion while allowing to edit either before saving? 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On May 3, 2016 at 11:12 AM, birtwhistle said:

When I add a note to a notebook by using the photo method, there is no way to edit or even review the title that the note will be given automatically, which is usually related to some event on the calendar. .....

Can you explain the "photo method"

I agree with birtwhistle.  It surprises me that (we users) have to go through so many steps to create a photo note.  I often take pictures of receipts I want to save, and it's annoying to have to close the note, then re-open the note, add a title and tag afterwards.  Very clunky process for such an otherwise smart app.

• Level 5

I am surprised people use Evernote to store their photos. Especially when you read the above complaints.

There are so many better services available that are suited for storing and managing photo collections.

Archived