Search location and default options?

After upgrading to the latest Windows version I notice two things about the search function that changed from the previous version:

- How do I put the search bar back to the right instead of on top of the notes list?

- How do I make it search all notes by default instead of just the notebook I'm on when I start typing, so I don't have to manually go in and change it every since search?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, dendory said:

After upgrading to the latest Windows version I notice two things about the search function that changed from the previous version:

- How do I put the search bar back to the right instead of on top of the notes list?

- How do I make it search all notes by default instead of just the notebook I'm on when I start typing, so I don't have to manually go in and change it every since search?

I don't believe the search bar position is configurable.  That was one of the UI changes for v6.  The search behavior can be changed by using this registry change.

I too, absolutely HATE the new location of the search box and the changes on the right of the screen where the title is not the same. I surely hope someone at Evernote reads these and can help with some answers, or a software revision to allow us to put it back where it always was. 

Also , I do not like the new way it starts up a "new" email.  I preferred it the old way, it was much easier.  I don't think I will ever upgrade again, this is a mess in my opinion -- change in appearance is not good, unless you offer ways to back to 'traditional' mode.

• Level 5

Well, every time any significant app has a significant upgrade, a lot of people express their dissatisfaction on its forums. Few people bother to post, "Hey, this is great, I love it!" which leaves the appearance that everyone hates the upgrade.

So, not meaning any disrespect for those who are having problems, I'm just saying, "Hey, this is great, I love it!" ;) Specifically, I like having the search box right over the notes list, where the search results will appear; and I really like the search-refinement options that now appear. I like other aspects of it too, but they'd be off-topic.

Dendory and Dale, I hope you're able to work around the problems. Dale, WRT "the new way it starts up a 'new' email," do you mean the fact that a new note always opens in a new window? I find that disconcerting too, and I'm still deciding whether it's an improvement or not. But there is a fix for this one: Tools > Options > Note, deselect "Create new note in a new window."

I don't have a problem with the location of the search bar, or any of the other changes to the layout of the program, but the entirely different search behavior is driving me crazy. It's substantially more difficult to actually do quick and general searches in the new version than the old.

Archived