Jump to content
TdeV

ANSWERED Upgrade to v 6.06 - "Notes" on left sidebar is gone

Recommended Posts

Evernote has been bugging me to do an upgrade so now I'm up to 6.06.  Running around now trying to put everything in place that was. On the left panel, I had shortcuts--they're back there now. Also, I had an item called "Notes" which was a list of my entire Evernote notes. Clicking on this item was my way of getting rid of all filters (saved searches and "search current context"), so this would get me back to the top of the note list.

Now that En has taken that away, what do you use to get to the top of the note list?

(I suppose I can make a new shortcut. Seems tedious to have to do so.)

Share this post


Link to post

Aaah . . . if I click on the "Notebooks" item, it takes me to the top of Notes. B)

Share this post


Link to post

You can also add an All Notes icon to the toolbar (right click any icon, select Customize Toolbar).  Helpful should you close the left panel (F10).  FWIW.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

My question would be: how to get list of notebooks and stacks in right side of the screen? When I click on "NOTEBOOKS" in Sidepanel I only get list of all notes that I have...strange, but when working with stacks having them on right side (larger) makes easier to find something.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

@NedPG, could you please re-state your issue? I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, NedPG said:

My question would be: how to get list of notebooks and stacks in right side of the screen?

I think that a screen cap might help...

Share this post


Link to post

Attached is image where I am comparing EN window from "Evernote User Interface Overview: Windows" from Youtube and my window.

As you can see, on left screen in SIDEBAR there are NOTES....ATLAS...etc. "buttons". In this video, when instructor clicks on NOTES, on right side of his screen he can see all note. When he clicks on NOTEBOOKS on right side of his scree he sees all Notebooks and stacks.

In my version of EN, first of all there are no NOTES and ATLAS buttons in sidebar. When I click on NOTEBOOKS, I only get list of all my notes (as you can see in attached image). My question is: is it possible to have all of your notebooks on right side of the screen? I am aware that in SIDEBAR I can uncollapse NOTEBOOKS button and then find what I want but it is way much easier if you have all your notebooks the way they are in instruction video.

I hope I have been able to explain it better now :)

Thanks

 

 

Evernote printscreen.png

Share this post


Link to post

@NedPG

There used to be an option to display notebooks in the right panel, similar to Ctrl-Shift-T for tags, may even have been Ctrl-Shift-N.  I seldom used it, but I can't find the option now.  Perhaps it was removed in a release since the video was created.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, that old Notebook view was removed - I believe that happened with the initial v6 update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@csihilling and @dconnet : thanks for response. I have presumed so but to be honest, this was quite useful "view" and it's strange that it has been removed.  And how about ATLAS function? I think that one was also, maybe even more, useful and I don't see it anymore?

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, NedPG said:

@csihilling and @dconnet : thanks for response. I have presumed so but to be honest, this was quite useful "view" and it's strange that it has been removed.  And how about ATLAS function? I think that one was also, maybe even more, useful and I don't see it anymore?

 

You are welcome.  Sorry to say, Atlas is also gone.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, csihilling said:

You are welcome.  Sorry to say, Atlas is also gone.

Thanks for confirming this. Well, I don't know is it just me, but this looks more like downgrade then upgrade :)  I am sure that some additional features (or under the hood stuff) has been improved but this really sounds unusual. It's not that long agot hat Atlas has been introduced. Also, I see now that other people are "complaining" about this so hopefully it can help to bring it back :)

I tried EN years ago and I believe that I didn't understand it's potential at that time. just recently I came across EN tutorial/review video on YT and I decided to give it 2nd chance. For now, it works good as "note taker", with powerfull search engine, tagging options...web clipper is great...for free version, I don't believe it is worth the pricing plan that they have introduced. I hope they bring it to higher level soon so they persuade me into PLUS or even PREMIUM plan...

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, NedPG said:

Thanks for confirming this. Well, I don't know is it just me, but this looks more like downgrade then upgrade :)  I am sure that some additional features (or under the hood stuff) has been improved but this really sounds unusual. It's not that long agot hat Atlas has been introduced. Also, I see now that other people are "complaining" about this so hopefully it can help to bring it back :)

I tried EN years ago and I believe that I didn't understand it's potential at that time. just recently I came across EN tutorial/review video on YT and I decided to give it 2nd chance. For now, it works good as "note taker", with powerfull search engine, tagging options...web clipper is great...for free version, I don't believe it is worth the pricing plan that they have introduced. I hope they bring it to higher level soon so they persuade me into PLUS or even PREMIUM plan...

 

There have definitely been some improvements and missteps by EN over the years I have been using it.  Stating the obvious, it is a personal decision as to the value of EN for each use case.  Maybe they will add some things that make the value proposition fit for you.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...