Evernote suddenly looks strange

Wow, I had everything organized by favorites/shortcuts folder and now I can't seem how to enable it in the view menu, can I still do this? If not this layout doesn't work for me at all, is there a way to reverse? 

The new, recent update 6.0.6.1769, well... to keep this on point (apologies to the developers) - well it just sucks. 

Problems:

- Note-taking and retrieval must be transparent. It's a fixture and a seamless tool - something like a light-switch. It's just there when you need it. Simple.  

The update? Taking a lead set by Windows 10? God... software and everything else with it (maybe). Seriously though, the new update interjects itself. Makes itself known. An annoyance like that person at the theater texting. They force their presence into the experience - the "bubble world" apparent. But, I digress. Reason? Because this new update pisses me off. Lost my focus. 

And, I cannot go back to the way it used to be. I didn't snapshot my VM prior - so now regrets. 

Specifically, the feature "search tags" needs to go back. Need the search area in tight context and not spread out across the UI. I want it like before - like in version 5.x

• Ex Employees
On 5/3/2016 at 9:48 PM, EddieE said:

Wow, I had everything organized by favorites/shortcuts folder and now I can't seem how to enable it in the view menu, can I still do this? If not this layout doesn't work for me at all, is there a way to reverse? 

Shortcuts have been added to the left panel with the latest version (6.0.6). See the link above to learn more about the new changes. 

In Evernote you can select: Help>Check for Updates to install the latest version. 

Archived