Editing my forum signature

• Level 5

Sorry for such a basic question. When I first joined this forum, I added the signature you see below. It is now quite out of date and I'd like to edit it. But I can't find where to do this. I've gone to my profile and tried "Edit Profile," but that seems to have nothing to do with this signature. Thanks for anyone who can point me to the right place.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Sorry for such a basic question. When I first joined this forum, I added the signature you see below. It is now quite out of date and I'd like to edit it. But I can't find where to do this. I've gone to my profile and tried "Edit Profile," but that seems to have nothing to do with this signature. Thanks for anyone who can point me to the right place.

Click on your name > Account Settings

On the left side of the page, about ½ way down, you can click on Signature

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 4/29/2016 at 4:00 PM, DTLow said:

Click on your name > Account Settings

On the left side of the page, about ½ way down, you can click on Signature

I'm not planning on adding a signature, but out of curiosity I checked to see if I saw this or not.  I did but more importantly I discovered the setting where you turn off view signatures.  Woohoo!  Not that I have anything against anyone's signature but I do grow tired of seeing them in every post so thanks for leading me to discover this.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Robert M. Burns said:

I looked again and can't see where signature is supposed to be according to the above posts - this is what I see:

Yes, that is where it shows for me.  Maybe the option appears after a certain number of posts?  Some profile customization does appear after you reach 300 but I didn't think the signature block was withheld until then.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I'm not planning on adding a signature, but out of curiosity I checked to see if I saw this or not.  I did but more importantly I discovered the setting where you turn off view signatures.  Woohoo!  Not that I have anything against anyone's signature but I do grow tired of seeing them in every post so thanks for leading me to discover this.

Yeah, I did a little happy dance when I found that feature.  :)

• 8 months later...

So I've been looking for a while to see why the Signature option isn't there for me.  I think it's because you don't get that option until your account reaches a certain age or a certain number of posts.  It almost makes sense that the option wouldn't be there at all until you reach that point because spammers would just come in, figure out the rule, do whatever they had to do to meet it, and then make their signature.  But if the rule is "Make 20 replies" or something, then they'd probably get kicked off trying to do that unless they actually added value.  I'll add a feature request that the place where you set your signature show up as "Once you've _____________, you can create a signature for yourself which will appear before all your posts.  Please enjoy helping others learn!"

Archived