Replacing server copies of Notes

Help!  I have messed up several hundred notes on one of my computers, which has subsequently synced to the server. :angry:

But I have another two computers which have good copies of everything (and which I have isolated to stop them syncing with the rubbish).

How do I replace everything on the server with one of the sets of good copies?

And how do I then get everything back onto the crapped-up machine?  I tried uninstalling Evernote on it and then reinstalling, but this is what caused the problems - despite uninstalling, the computer (Windows) remembered all my mistakes and synced them to the server!  

I have over 1,500 notes, which I cannot face losing:o

• Level 5*

1. Use the good data device and export the notes
    - enex format so it can be used as import
    - include tags
    - does not included notebook; a separate backup is required for each notebook
2. Delete the bad data
3. Sync to all devices; the bad data is now gone and the good data is in an export
4. Import the good notes
5. Sync to all devices.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Use the good data device and export the notes (enex format)

@Siz, When you export to ENEX, be sure to:

1. Export each Notebook to a separate ENEX
    1. The ENEX file does NOT contain any Notebook info
    2. Name the ENEX file based on NB name
    3. This will allow you to know which Notebook to import back into.
  2. Check the "Include Tags" box on the export dialog
  • Level 5

Question: If he has to replace 1,500 notes and he has an updated database on another Windows computer (that is not sync'd), why not just copy the entire .exb file from the back up computer and use that version instead? The .exb file contains the notes, notebook and tag information.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbenson2 said:

Question: If he has to replace 1,500 notes and he has an updated database on another Windows computer (that is not sync'd), why not just copy the entire .exb file from the back up computer and use that version instead? The .exb file contains the notes, notebook and tag information.

Check the title of the discussion - Replacing server copies of Notes

Moving the .exb file to other machines might work at the pc level, but it wouldn't update the server, and when sync is enabled, the good version will be replaced with the bad version.

Archived