Move notes from personal to business

ianfm

Idea

Does the web version have the ability to be able to move a note from a personal notebook to a business notebook? I can't find out how to do this.

If not then can that facility be added please?

7 replies to this idea

At this time moving notes between personal and business notebooks is only available on the desktop and mobile versions of Evernote. I've moved this over to Product Feedback so that you can vote on this for future versions of Evernote Web.

Work and Business are just different notebooks in the same account?

I think it's just as simple as:

1: opening the note you plan to move

2: at the top of the note you see the notebook its part of, and the tags associated, the notebook-name is a drop-down menu with the other notebooks. Select the notebook you want the note to belong to.

Does that help?

Xapp1 - The Web version of Evernote only displays the personal notebooks if you're looking at a personal note or business notebooks if you are looking at a business note. 

I would love the ability to move notes from personal notebooks (like my inbox) into business notebooks in the Web version of Evernote. 

I've led my team to using Evernote for pretty much everything. We're moving to Chromebooks because there are a certain set of features on Chromebooks that make them a great solution for our company. I realize Chromebooks aren't for everyone, but they are perfect for what we're trying to do. I just wish I had this one functionality in the web version of Evernote.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, nohb said:

At this time moving notes between personal and business notebooks is only available on the desktop and mobile versions of Evernote. I've moved this over to Product Feedback so that you can vote on this for future versions of Evernote Web.

Given that business users pay a hefty premium I think that having to vote for this facility is not acceptable, Business users should get some priority for the monies they pay evernote.

Evernote says "Evernote Business - Powering team productivity.
The individual power of Evernote Premium, plus added team and admin features to get more done"

But they don't say there are limitations like this anywhere in their sales pitch.

Recent changes in Evernote Windows have just exasperated this even more. At least in the older windows it was simply a matter of selecting another notebook (business or personal) from the dropdown notebook picker or even drag and drop, even that has now been removed and extra clicks are required to "copy to business". It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way of having a default business notebook but everything that gets emailed to Evernote lands in the personal default notebook and then has to be manually moved in either windows or the mobile version but not in the web version

I use android, if I can move notebooks easily on this platform it can't be so difficult to have this on the web platform.

it's been awhile since I've seen the new UI to the forums and happy to see we can vote up this idea!

While I absolutely would like to move notes between personal and business on the web in general, I realized, today, the root of the issue is when I'm in my "Business Notes" view and click "+" to create a new note, it defaults to my default personal notebook.  This is not intuitive and then requires me to go to my desktop or mobile to move the note to a business notebook.

This is just plain clumsy UX design IMHO.

I have to agree with @ianfm that Evernote Business use cases should have priority so I hope someone on the team is listening!

I thought stuff like this was resolved and that there was parity between mobile, web and desktop...nope. It's very frustrating since we don't archive all of these differences so we know where to go for what and when. Stop new stuff and make parity, or close but esp with major features like this, among the 3 platforms.

Archived