Jordan Cortes

Triangle Commuter Bag

Idea

Now that the market is gone, someone knows where I can get this bag?

2 people like this

28 replies to this idea

It seems like the manufacturer doesn't have a website, just a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/abrasus

This is their authorized reseller: http://superclassic.jp/

Here's the actual bag: http://superclassic.jp/?pid=70301

I'm depending on Google Translate since the page is in Japanese (and it's not translating 100%); but, it seems like they'll ship oversees:  http://superclassic.jp/?pid=44628435

Check with your bank to ensure there's no fees for foreign transactions, and if you do order, can you please post back on your experience? ...they have some cool stuff on that site, so I can post back if I end up purchasing something also. 

On a different note, abrAsus (the company that makes the bag/wallet) seem to put lots of effort and attention to detail into the products they make. Found this video while looking through the site: 

Hello All--

I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Triangle bag from superclassic.jp, and I thought I would explain how I did it and what my experience was.

The superclassic.jp website is 98% in Japanese, so I could read nothing, and google translate doesn't translate a good deal of the text in pictures on the website. So it's not clear what to order or how to order it. There are a couple of posts on this forum that say they made a purchase from them, but they don't explain how they actually did it, thus this post.

Bumbling around the (barely) translated website, I found the Evernote Triangle bag, and a clone that appears to be the exact same design but without the Evernote logo and in different colors.

But how to order? The order form did not translate, so I couldn't tell how to enter the order, my shipping address, etc. Searching further, I found an email address to get information: info@superclassic.jp. I sent an email inquiring if I could buy the bag and how to enter the order information. I received a response in about five minutes (I sent the email at 7pm central time, which is 9am the next day in Japan, so normal business hours).

The friendly response said I could buy the bags and requested that I send an email with a list of information items he needed to fill and ship the order. That was fine, but one of the items he requested was my credit card number. Of course, it's well know to be a bad idea to email CC info, so I immediately responded asking if there was any other way to pay (e.g., Paypal). I waited a full day and there was no response.

Fearing that they may have considered my request for a different method of payment to be some sort of scam, I went ahead and responded to the email with all requested information, including the CC info. I happened to have a card that I virtually never use, so I just used that one in case hackers get hold of it-- I can just cancel easily and get rid of it.

That email was sent on Tuesday, May 17, and I got a fast response that seemed a bit confused. It gave me the full price, as well as the statement “I could send directory [sic-- directly]] to USA by EMS. It will take about a few days from the day we will ship, on August 4th.” Later in the email it seemed to indicate that it would ship Thursday May 19th (which was "a couple days"), so I wasn’t sure what that August date was about.

I wasn’t in any hurry, so I said fine, go ahead and complete the purchase and ship whenever. It did, in fact, ship on Thursday, May 19 and it arrived at my door today, Tuesday May 24. Not bad!

I ordered two bags-- the Evernote-branded one in Gray:

http://superclassic.jp/?pid=70301

http://superclassic.jp/user_data/2015renew/img/products/pcbag_evernote/gray.jpg

And the apparent clone that looks exactly the same, but does not have Evernote logos and comes in different colors (also ordered in Gray):

http://superclassic.jp/?pid=41001

http://superclassic.jp/user_data/2015renew/img/products/pcbag/gray.jpg

Total cost to my CC for both bags, shipping, currency conversion-- everything: $435.18.

I bought the clone because I wanted two of these bags, and I wanted to see if they were really the same. I can report that they are 99.9% identical-- the geometry at the top is very slightly different-- the Evernote version is just a bit more squared off at the top because the fabric bends about 90 degrees at the top to form a small flat top, whereas the clone’s top does not bend on it’s own and points straight up (see pictures, Evernote version on the left).

It’s a very subtle difference (I didn’t notice it at all until I sat the bags together face to face and viewed from the side), and there is absolutely no effect on function. In fact, if you bend the non-Evernote's top 90 degrees with your fingers, it looks pretty similar to the Evernote version.

The non-Evernote one, ordered in Gray, is actually a light, grayish olive green color (that I like!), while the Evernote one, also ordered in Gray, is actually gray. The price is the same for either one.

So I’m pretty happy with the whole experience, with the exception that I wish there was a more secure way to pay.

Hope this helps anyone trying to order an Evernote Triangle Commuter bag!

-- Jim

2016-05-24%2012.25.10.jpg2016-05-24%2012.24.42.jpg2016-05-24%2012.24.30.jpg

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Triangle bag from superclassic.jp, and I thought I would explain how I did it and what my experience was.

That's awesome - thanks for sharing Jim!! I'm glad the transaction went well, and that the company was willing to deal via email. ...agree on the credit card part, it doesn't seem like a good idea to email that info; but, I suppose that using a credit card should be safe though. I never ended up ordering due to not fully understanding the cart; so thanks for sharing your experience. 

12 hours ago, GundamMeister said:

That's awesome - thanks for sharing Jim!! I'm glad the transaction went well, and that the company was willing to deal via email. ...agree on the credit card part, it doesn't seem like a good idea to email that info; but, I suppose that using a credit card should be safe though. I never ended up ordering due to not fully understanding the cart; so thanks for sharing your experience. 

No problem!

If you (or anyone else) orders, you should also ask about better ways to pay. Maybe if they get several inquiries along this line, they will do something (accept Paypal? Make an English version of the ordering page?) to allow one to pay without emailing a CC number.

As with you in your earlier post, I find a number of their products interesting-- the thin wallets caught my eye. I really wish they would make an English version of their entire website-- I could see myself ordering a few more things from them.

A couple notes on emailing a CC number: Since there was no response for an entire day when I asked about that, I spent that time researching the subject; is it still true in 2016 that it's unsafe to email a CC number?

The answer still appears to be "yes." I'm no big tech guy, but my reading indicated that, while email is encrypted on both your and the receiver's computers, it travels between them as plain text. Thus, the email (and the CC number) will be left on every server between you and the receiver, totally unencrypted. And if the receiver has any viruses on their computer, your card number will be found and stolen.

So it's still not a great idea.

However, as a practical matter, it may not be a huge problem. It turns out that many travelers face this issue and are forced to do this regularly. E.g., arranging to stay at a B&B in Europe often requires pre-payment well in advance, and these businesses are often just simple citizens renting out their homes. They have no way to accept a CC number other than receiving it in an email.

So these travelers have no choice but to use email, and virtually none of them report any problems-- even over 10 years of the practice. Even so, they recommend taking out a new, separate card just for this purpose-- a "burner" card, you might call it. There may be other ways as well-- you can get pre-paid debit cards that might work well since they only have the amount of money you load on it available.

As I said, I just happened to have an extra, unused card that I took out for a large purchase that didn't end up happening, so I decided to use that as my burner card.

Good luck to you, and I hope you get your bag ordered!

--Jim

Jim you are a saint! 

I've been so sad ever since the market went away. Now I can finally order the bag! I just emailed them to order and have my fingers crossed. 

Thanks!

Alex

Great news! Following Jims procedure I ordered the triangle bag at superclassic.jp - and they accept paypal! 

-- wating for my bag ...

Screenshot from 2016-09-21 02:31:37.png

1 person likes this

On 21/10/2016 at 6:27 PM, GiacomoLaw said:

Any chance of getting these in the UK?

Evernote don't have any connection to these any longer,  other than the logo (see above) - AFAIK the only source (that we're aware of) is superclassic.jp 

The site does say it delivers worldwide.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Evernote don't have any connection to these any longer,  other than the logo (see above) - AFAIK the only source (that we're aware of) is superclassic.jp 

The site does say it delivers worldwide.

Okay, thanks. Is the site safe? :) 

No personal experience - see comments in the thread;  at least one person was happy with their service...  ;)

4 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Okay, thanks. Is the site safe? :) 

I bought one. I simply emailed them with a link to the product I wanted. They sent me a PayPal invoice that I paid and it showed up 3 days later. Absolutely a perfect experience and the bag is awesome. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Alex Putici said:

I bought one. I simply emailed them with a link to the product I wanted. They sent me a PayPal invoice that I paid and it showed up 3 days later. Absolutely a perfect experience and the bag is awesome. 

Okay, thank you!

Jim (or whoever might answer or know!), will the New MacBook and the iPad Pro fit? 

I have like these bags and was bummed when they went away.  

I don't want to order then they not fit.  I have a Logitech Keyboard in the Ipad Pro - but wondering what the dimensions of the inner pockets might be? 

Thanks,

Steve

I ultimately got rid of mine because once I upgraded from a MacBook Air to a MacBook Pro (with sleeve), the fit of the got a little too tight in my bag.  I never tried adding a 12.9 iPad Pro.  The depth of the bag isn't really the issue, it was the height of the bag and once the pro was in, the corners drew very tight making the rest of the space more restricting.  

15 hours ago, indymo33 said:

Jim (or whoever might answer or know!), will the New MacBook and the iPad Pro fit? 

I have like these bags and was bummed when they went away.  

I don't want to order then they not fit.  I have a Logitech Keyboard in the Ipad Pro - but wondering what the dimensions of the inner pockets might be? 

Thanks,

Steve

I think it would be tough to fit both. I use the 12.9" iPad Pro as my only "computer". It works perfect for that but I don't think I'd want to throw a laptop in there as well. 

For what it's worth - I also feel like if I had to order again I would probably get the "clone" instead of the Evernote one. It looks like it holds up a bit more at the top (see posts above from others with photos). 

I like this bag, but just to be sure: does a MacBook Pro fit (without sleeve)? And does anybody knows if the bag is waterproof so I can walk in the rain without drowning my MacBook? Thank you!

I have the 13 inch with retina and it fit in this bag (with a sleeve).  But there is no padding, so I don't know that I would recommend transporting it without a sleeve in this bag.

I don't believe this bag is waterproof.

1 person likes this

On 1/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, Alex Putici said:

I think it would be tough to fit both. I use the 12.9" iPad Pro as my only "computer". It works perfect for that but I don't think I'd want to throw a laptop in there as well. 

For what it's worth - I also feel like if I had to order again I would probably get the "clone" instead of the Evernote one. It looks like it holds up a bit more at the top (see posts above from others with photos). 

Every day I bring a Lenovo T440s 14" notebook and an iPad Pro12.9" with apple back cover - no keyboard. The bag easily fits both along with extra stuff like chargers, and my Jabra Speak 410... a bottle of water, etc... the best bag for someone on the move... it  always stands up even with both machines in the bag. I do put a little effort into getting the computers ind, but that is more due to the friction of the ipad back cover.

It will easily take a bit of rain, but will not protect to get soaked. It has sufficient padding to take minor hits.

IMG_0361.JPG

1 person likes this

If your Levono fits (KrisGal) then should a MacBookPro and a iPad fit too!

A little late to the party, but I just wanted to inform anyone who is interested that an English site is available for purchasing the Triangle Commuter Bags:

srcc.store/triangle-commuter-bag

For the Evernote Edition Bags, you need to select the dropdown menu under "Material" in the purchasing area at the bottom of the page. There are only two colors remaining, the berry red color has been sold out without any plans to reproduce it.

Hope this helps someone out!

I have one of these for sale.  The grey triangular evernote bag.  If anyone is interested please let me know.  It's in great condition and I'll try and get some pictures of it up here in a couple of days.   Be willing to let it go for $150  OBO.   It is a great bag (in great condition)  used it for a few months and needs for commute changed.  I needed to be able to run more with it, and use it on bicycle and such.  

can provide original receipt as well as photos for verification if that is an issue.  

As a general update to this, the site http://superclassic.jp/ now has an option to see the site in English. No need for Google Translate.

1 person likes this