Stephane Lo

New Evernote for Windows, v6.0 (6.0.6) GA

Idea

Today, we started rolling out Evernote v6.0 for Windows to the general public.
This is a big milestone for the team, and we couldn’t have gotten here without your continuous input and feedback.

Of course, this is not the end and there is still a lot to do. For instance, we’ve heard the recent comments on Saved Searches. This was an intentional change to simplify the overall experience. We understand it affected the workflow of many people and are bringing this feature in a hotfix release very soon while we continue exploring how to best evolve saved searches to be relevant for a wider audience.

In the meantime, now that v6.0 is officially released, let’s help as many people, new and old, find and enjoy this release. We’d greatly appreciate your support with the public launch of this release, on the blog and on social media!

As usual, please keep sending feedback, suggestions, and use cases our way. Many thanks.

**EDIT: the release is now updated with a 6.0.6 Hotfix**

You can download the updated v6.0.6 here

-----

New in 6.0.6:

• Fixed loss of tag structure on drag and drop of nested tags
  • Fixed bug with subscription expired message 
  • Fixed various crashes

Fixed in 6.0.5:

• Saved Searches are back
    • Find your existing and new saved searches in the left sidebar below Tags
    • Create new saved searches from the left sidebar saved searches section or right-click on the search description
  • Fixed crash on switching Evernote account
  • Fixed crash when importing from OneNote 2016
  • Fixed ENScript exportNotes bug

If you’re updating from v6.0.3 beta:

• Selecting a notebook or tag highlights it in the left side bar. Override this behavior in the settings
  • Added option to trash the original note when copying between Personal and Business.
  • And 30 smaller bugs.

If you're updating from v5.9.9 and below, check out the blog announcement and the release notes.

Edited by Stephane Lo
Updated with 6.0.6
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, mfarrell said:

I don't know where to post this because for some reason I couldn't make a ticket and overall I'm just flummoxed by the poor performance of evernote. My lab might move to full plan pricing integration whatever ... ( sigh ), so I'm trying to get this to work. I'm on Windows 8, and evernote crashes constantly. Right now I can't even get the thing to open - it claims its open. Managed to kill it with task manager and it loaded again. It seems to happen whenever my network connection changes (i go between ethernet and wifi a lot). Or when my monitor config changes (plugging and unplugging monitors from a laptop to, you know, go take notes on my laptop). 

I'm assuming a good solution is to just use the web app? 

I would suspect a corrupted install of the app or database.
My solution would be to remove the app; remove the database
Then reinstall and let EN rebuild the local database

On 5/5/2016 at 10:26 AM, jshanker said:
One side effect I'm noticing of the move away from a gray border around the note space to being white on white is that there's no longer any indication of where I can click to put my cursor into a note. In v5 I could see the white space of the note between the last word of the note and the gray space outside. Clicking anywhere in that white put my cursor at the end of the note and I could begin writing.

In v6 I have to click very close to the end of the existing note content (like within 1 row) in order to insert the cursor, otherwise I'm clicking in what used to be the gray space and nothing happens.

This applies to new notes as well. In prior versions I had a large space to click in to begin editing a new note, now I have a very narrow space available and no visual indicator of where that space is.

Compare this to MS Word, where if you click anywhere on a page, even if there's only one word at the top of the page, it puts your cursor in the last line of the existing text and lets you start editing.

@jshanker: Has there been any response to this? I just started using Evernote this week and immediately found this to be a point of frustration. Current version is 6.5.4.4720

On 5/12/2016 at 5:59 AM, emerick said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I've entered a ticket to fix that.

@emerick Has there been any update to this? I am still having the issue with 6.5.4.4720

5 hours ago, zerodeficit said:

@emerick Has there been any update to this? I am still having the issue with 6.5.4.4720

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user-supported forum,  not a direct line to the company.  If you didn't already do so,  reach out to Support on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new if you;re a paying subscriber or Twitter https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  if not.  Better anyway to post in the release thread for the app you're having problems with -

- and have you already tried DTLow's suggestion of rebuilding the app and the database from scratch?

If you hit enter after the title in your note, it will give you some additional spaces at the top of the note to start adding more text.  Sometimes there is a bit of blank space at the top of the page and just put your cursor there.  I have had success with both.

• Like 1