SureNotifier is now SureFocus - track what's been changed in your Business and shared notes

• Level 5*

Today we're releasing a public beta of SureNotifier for Evernote Business: a service that keeps track of and notifies you of what notes have been changed within your Business account.

Now you can always know when your colleagues are updating notes that are of interest to you. You'll know who changed each note, and when.

The basic service is free for all Evernote Business users.

To sign up or get more information, please visit www.surenotifier.com.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

SureNotifier Update:

By popular demand, we've just expanded our SureNotifier service to all Evernote users!  This means that in addition to Evernote Business notes, we now report on changes to all of your Personal-account shared notes.  This includes notes in your own notebooks that you've shared with others, as well as notes from another person's account that are shared with you.

Please visit our website to learn more or sign up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

@War Eagle Thanks, good to hear that positive feedback!

@gazumped Thanks, Gaz, and glad to have you on board!  Please let me know what you think, and any suggestions you might have.  We've got a lot of cool enhancements in the works as well, including a flexible set of options to control your notifications and a mobile app to see changed notes real-time, receive push notifications where desired, etc.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I wanted to provide an update regarding our SureNotifier service: there's now a SureNotifier mobile app available.

The app displays a list of all of your Evernote Business and Shared notes which have changed since you received your SureNotifier daily morning email detailing yesterday's changed notes.

The app is available for both iOS and Android. You can find it by searching for "SureNotifier" in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store. Or if you're on your mobile device, you can get it via these links:

FYI, we're also hard at work on an enhanced SureNotifier Gold version, which will bring many options in terms of what notes you want to be notified of, when, in what manner. Stay tuned for more news on that soon.

• Level 5*

Hi @phils just noting that this works just fine on on my Premium account too - will it also work on shared notes from Plus and Basic accounts? (Haven't gotten around to trying yet)

Only mini-bug to report - I got the same email about the same two changes in shared notes I made a week or so ago as a test every day for several days until I removed the connection.

• Level 5*

Hi Gaz,

Yes, SureNotifier will work with any shared note in any type of Evernote account.

Can you put that note (or an equivalent one) back and let me know if it shows up for multiple days again? If it does, please PM me with the title of note and leave it there so I can check into that scenario. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks a good idea and like Gaz, but a bit later, I have only just spotted it.

Just signed up but taking a while to send me a notification.

Does it also notify when a new Note it put in a shared Notebook?

Regards

Chris

Just spotted it sends an email at 08:00 every day.

I take it that will be a single email with a list of all the changes that have taken place with the shared Note and hopefully Notebooks?

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Hi Chris,

Thanks for signing up to give it a spin. Currently (in what we're calling the "Bronze Plan") that's correct, you'll be receiving one email each morning at around 8 am your time (assuming you have your time zone set on the Evernote Reminders setup page - and if you don't, SureNotifier would have told you that when you authorized Evernote access).  The email will list all notes which have changed since yesterday's email, grouped by notebook.  All Evernote Business and also all Shared notebooks are reported on.

In addition to the daily email, there is also a SureNotifier mobile app - search for "SureNotifier" in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store, or get it via these links:

The mobile app will list all notes which have changed since your most recent email; and as you might imagine, you can click on any note to go to that note in Evernote on the device.

We're currently in the process of building a more advanced version (which we're calling the "Gold Plan").  The idea is that the Bronze version will always be free, and the Gold version will be a paid upgrade.  The Gold version will allow you to do a huge amount of configuration as to what you receive and how: you can define multiple Notification Groups, and for each group, you can define what notebooks to be notified for and in what order to list them, how often to be notified (weekly, daily, hourly, or immediately), and how to be notified (email, text message or push notification).  You can also select to be notified based on tag in addition to notebook - this allows you to tag specific notes to receive notifications for.  So for example, you could receive a weekly email of changes to certain notebooks, but say your team is also working on a specific shared note that's an agenda for an upcoming client meeting, and you want a push notification on your phone whenever someone changes that note - you can use the tag feature for that.  We hope to have the Gold version ready for folks to test within the next several weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

@Gravy32 When you next open the app after it crashes, do you get a prompt to send a crash report?  If so, please select to send it, so we can receive the detailed information on why it's crashing.  Thanks!

@C6REW Chris, thanks for the good word!  (Wait till you see the Gold version with many configuration options... :))

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

The SureNotifier beta has entered a major new phase!

Based on the feedback we received from our initial beta and its daily email report, we've added features that will give you far greater control over which notebooks you're notified about, as well as faster notifications. With the new SureNotifier mobile app (available for iOS and for Android), you can:

• Create Notification Groups that let you decide which notebooks and tags you want to follow.

• Set the Notification Type which, in addition to email notifications, now supports push notifications to your iOS or Android device.

• Choose the Notification Frequency, which allows you to have SureNotifier check either weekly, daily, hourly or every 5 minutes for changes to notes in your Notification Group. 

• Use the List View to view all the notes being followed in a Notification Group and click on a listed note to open it in Evernote.

Note that SureNotifier is still in beta testing and we anticipate that the final release will include several service levels and payment options.

We hope you’ll find the new beta valuable. You can sign up for SureNotifier on our website, download the mobile app via the links above, or visit our Support site to read product FAQs, ask any questions you may have and tell us what you think!

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Just to let everyone know, Russell also reported this issue through our support system - it was a temporary problem in our service and was resolved.

Russell, thanks for the report, and for the validation of the critical need that we're aiming to fill!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Can non-business users (Evernote Premium users) use it with shared notebooks?

Yes, absolutely!  (That's actually why I started a new thread on it, because the title of this thread is no longer accurate - we started out just supporting Business notes and then realized that was silly; there are tons of non-Business users who would benefit from getting notified of shared note changes.)

3 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

does it show changes like difs in GitHub?

We do not currently do that, largely for security/privacy reasons - in order to accurately know what's changed between two versions of a note, we would have to store copies of your notes on our own servers.  We're really, really reluctant to do that, and we worry that potential SureNotifier users would be unhappy about that, too.  We like that the only portion of a note we access is the Title, not any content.

I agree that being to see the actual changes (a la GitHub) would be awesome.  We might consider adding that capability in the future, but if we did it would be opt-in only, just for those users who are OK with us keeping copies of your notes on our servers in order to attain that extra benefit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, phils said:

Yes, absolutely!  (That's actually why I started a new thread on it, because the title of this thread is no longer accurate - we started out just supporting Business notes and then realized that was silly; there are tons of non-Business users who would benefit from getting notified of shared note changes.)

We do not currently do that, largely for security/privacy reasons - in order to accurately know what's changed between two versions of a note, we would have to store copies of your notes on our own servers.  We're really, really reluctant to do that, and we worry that potential SureNotifier users would be unhappy about that, too.  We like that the only portion of a note we access is the Title, not any content.

I agree that being to see the actual changes (a la GitHub) would be awesome.  We might consider adding that capability in the future, but if we did it would be opt-in only, just for those users who are OK with us keeping copies of your notes on our servers in order to attain that extra benefit.

Awesome, thank you so much!

• phils changed the title to SureNotifier is now SureFocus - track what's been changed in your Business and shared notes
  • Level 5*

SureNotifier is now SureFocus!

We've just released a big update to our app. This new version represents a new clarity of the product's capability and also where we're headed, so it made sense to change the product name.

We've added some major new features, including Google Drive support, channel sharing - and a lower price!

Here's a summary of what's new...

Google Drive Support
In addition to tracking and reporting on changed Evernote information, we now allow you to do the same for Google Drive documents. You can even monitor both Evernote notebooks/tags and Google Drive documents in the same channel. 

(What's a "channel"? It's our new name for a "Notification Group". A channel is a set of notebooks, tags, and/or folders that you're monitoring.)

Not only have we added Google Drive support, but our vision for the product is to be the one place where you can easily work with all of your cloud information - so we plan over time to add support for other cloud services like OneDrive, Dropbox and Box.

Shared Channels
You can now share a channel with colleagues, clients, etc. They will then have the same capabilities for that channel as you do (subject of course to their access permissions). They can also set their own notification preferences for that channel if they choose.

Price Reduction
We're dropping the cost of the app from $3.95 USD/month to $2.99 USD/month!

Free Version
For those people who only use shared channels created by others, the app can be used at no cost. The paid version is needed if you want to create your own channels.

New name: SureFocus
We think that the app does more than just notify - by consolidating your cloud information, it allows you to focus on what's important. Therefore we've renamed the product to SureFocus.

• 1 year later...
On 11/16/2017 at 4:12 AM, phils said:

Not only have we added Google Drive support, but our vision for the product is to be the one place where you can easily work with all of your cloud information - so we plan over time to add support for other cloud services like OneDrive, Dropbox and Box.

Is there an update on Evernote's integration with Box?

• Level 5*
On 4/17/2019 at 3:50 PM, JPhilip said:

Is there an update on Evernote's integration with Box?

Hi.  Haven't seen anything to say that Evernote is working on additional integrations,  but as with Google Drive it's already possible to add a link to any cloud drive file as a note attachment.  Google files just get a slightly fancier link.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Don't know whether it might help,  but third-party app Filterize monitors notes as they sync and can generate dynamic tables of content - 'dashboards' - featuring some of those notes based on various parameters.  It should be fairly easy to produce a listing of notes created or edited each day forinstance.  I don't know how well Filterize deals with shared notebooks,  but it would be fairly easy to test - there's a Free(mium) option available...

https://filterize.net/