EN on Mac thinks upload limit reached

Hi,

Evernote on my Mac has stopped letting me edit or create notes. When I try to type, a message pops up and says I've reached my upload limit. But when I look at my account info in the client settings, it says I have 37 MB (61%) remaining this month. On the web app and on my iOS devices it says the same, but I AM able to edit and make new notes from those. Only my Mac client won't let me edit/create notes.

I've emptied the trash on the Mac client, and I've restarted the application and my computer, and re-synced. No change.

Any help would be appreciated so I can start using my EN Mac client again!

On 4/16/2016 at 0:48 AM, subjonas said:

Hi,

Evernote on my Mac has stopped letting me edit or create notes. When I try to type, a message pops up and says I've reached my upload limit. But when I look at my account info in the client settings, it says I have 37 MB (61%) remaining this month. On the web app and on my iOS devices it says the same, but I AM able to edit and make new notes from those. Only my Mac client won't let me edit/create notes.

I've emptied the trash on the Mac client, and I've restarted the application and my computer, and re-synced. No change.

Any help would be appreciated so I can start using my EN Mac client again!

Hey there, @subjonas, welcome to the Forums. 

I'd like to get more some more information from you to see what may be going on here:

• What version of Evernote do you currently have installed on you Mac?
  • What version of OSX do you currently have installed?
  • Are you logged in on the Mac application with the same account as the iOS devices and the Web?
  • I see you've emptied the Trash and rebooted the device already. Have you tried logging out of the Evernote application, rebooting the device, then logging back in?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

6 hours ago, BSR said:

Hey there, @subjonas, welcome to the Forums. 

I'd like to get more some more information from you to see what may be going on here:

• What version of Evernote do you currently have installed on you Mac?
  • What version of OSX do you currently have installed?
  • Are you logged in on the Mac application with the same account as the iOS devices and the Web?
  • I see you've emptied the Trash and rebooted the device already. Have you tried logging out of the Evernote application, rebooting the device, then logging back in?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi BSR, thank you for the response.

I was running Evernote Version 6.4 (452969 Direct). I tried your suggestion of logging out of EN, rebooting the computer, and logging back in, but it didn't work. I just updated to version 6.6 and again tried logging out, rebooting, logging in, and editing a note--but again I got the pop up. I'm running OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks on a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro. And I am logged into the same account on all my devices and the web.

I found it actually lets me delete characters, it just won't let me type new characters. It also lets me create new notes, it just won't let me type in them. And these changes do still sync to my other devices.

I should also note that leading up to this issue, I occasionally saw a pop up in EN on my Macbook warning me that I was close to my limit. But I believe I checked my account and saw the discrepancy, so I paid it little mind. I guess I thought it was bluffing. 

Also, Evernote version 6.4 works fine on my Mac Mini (I will soon be updating to v6.6 on that machine as well). The Mini, however, is running OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan. Could it be an issue with Mavericks then? The problem is, though, I can't update my Macbook's OS because I use it for work and the applications I use are either incompatible or have issues with newer versions of OS X.

If nothing else, I suppose I could wait 10 days until my monthly limit resets and hope that fixes the issue.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you!

16 hours ago, subjonas said:

Hi BSR, thank you for the response.

I was running Evernote Version 6.4 (452969 Direct). I tried your suggestion of logging out of EN, rebooting the computer, and logging back in, but it didn't work. I just updated to version 6.6 and again tried logging out, rebooting, logging in, and editing a note--but again I got the pop up. I'm running OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks on a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro. And I am logged into the same account on all my devices and the web.

I found it actually lets me delete characters, it just won't let me type new characters. It also lets me create new notes, it just won't let me type in them. And these changes do still sync to my other devices.

I should also note that leading up to this issue, I occasionally saw a pop up in EN on my Macbook warning me that I was close to my limit. But I believe I checked my account and saw the discrepancy, so I paid it little mind. I guess I thought it was bluffing. 

Also, Evernote version 6.4 works fine on my Mac Mini (I will soon be updating to v6.6 on that machine as well). The Mini, however, is running OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan. Could it be an issue with Mavericks then? The problem is, though, I can't update my Macbook's OS because I use it for work and the applications I use are either incompatible or have issues with newer versions of OS X.

If nothing else, I suppose I could wait 10 days until my monthly limit resets and hope that fixes the issue.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you!

Thanks for getting back to me, @subjonas

When you log into your Account Settings from a desktop web browser at evernote.com, is your Upload Limit displaying properly there?

4 hours ago, BSR said:

Thanks for getting back to me, @subjonas

When you log into your Account Settings from a desktop web browser at evernote.com, is your Upload Limit displaying properly there?

Yes, the web and all the EN applications on all my devices are displaying the proper limit status (even the macbook): 61% remaining with 9 days remaining.

19 hours ago, subjonas said:

Yes, the web and all the EN applications on all my devices are displaying the proper limit status (even the macbook): 61% remaining with 9 days remaining.

Interesting. I'd like to get this into a ticket and grab the activity log from your device. I'll be in touch soon!

Archived