Jump to content
  • 48
LeoB

Request: Remove Recent Notebooks

Idea

Is there any way to remove the list of recent notebooks when tapping on the Notebooks icon? It just takes up space and I never use it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

22 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 5

I agree that Recent Notebooks ought to be an option in settings--especially since it never actually seems to show the most recently used notebooks. Those who want this feature should please click the up arrow at the top of the page to vote in support of it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

Hello @LeoB,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. While there is not currently a way to achieve this, I will move this topic over to the Android Feedback section so that users like yourself can vote on features to be put into the Evernote application.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
4 hours ago, LeoB said:

Can't find an up arrow, or I would!

Look for this:

Capture.JPG

Yours may be all black; I think it turns green when you vote for it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

I personally do not want to see the recent notebooks list removed, but you can provide an option to show or hide it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

In the Windows app and Android app, I only see an alphabetical list of notebooks, though I recall having seen recent notebooks on top in the past. Did something change, or is there some other view that shows recent notebooks?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
1 hour ago, tavor said:

In the Windows app and Android app, I only see an alphabetical list of notebooks, though I recall having seen recent notebooks on top in the past. Did something change, or is there some other view that shows recent notebooks?

In the Android app the left column starts with All Notes with Notebooks beneath it. When Notebooks in the left column is tapped, on the right side appear all the notebooks beginning with the three most recent notebooks accessed. What this thread is about is that there is no option to show/hide recent notebooks. Fully half the right column is taken up by these recently accessed notebooks. For me, this is an unnecessary distraction and I just want to see my notebooks in the same order as they would be on the windows program. I don't use the Windows app.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi @LeoB,

I too would LOVE to have the ability to turn this feature off on my Mac using Chrome (any) browser.  The main gripe is that it becomes a poor user experience because I want to have my folders clean and tidy, in the order I want, but when this feature is active it pushes the folders down and any time I go back to them I have to quickly reorient myself.  Doesn't sound huge but it would be nice.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Is it still not possible to get rid of the "Recent Notebooks" in the android app? I use Evernote for GTD purposes so I really only want to see my "Inbox" notebook at the top of my screen. Now it is distracting and messy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 4/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, fred.malinski said:

How many "up's" do we need for them to take this at all seriously? 

If there were 10,000 "ups" Evernote would still not take this seriously. Tablet apps are just a nuisance to them.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 4/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, fred.malinski said:

How many "up's" do we need for them to take this at all seriously? 

Lack of action doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. As the forum header says:

Quote

Our Product Feedback forums are places to suggest great ideas on improving Evernote. It could be a little idea or a very big idea. Like someone else's idea? Vote on the idea, or provide a comment of your own. One thing to remember: popularity does not mean implementation. Our forums are one component of the decisions we make, and while a bunch of ideas have merit, we need to be selective and always balancing priorities. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 4/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, LeoB said:

In the Android app the left column starts with All Notes with Notebooks beneath it. When Notebooks in the left column is tapped, on the right side appear all the notebooks beginning with the three most recent notebooks accessed. What this thread is about is that there is no option to show/hide recent notebooks. Fully half the right column is taken up by these recently accessed notebooks. For me, this is an unnecessary distraction and I just want to see my notebooks in the same order as they would be on the windows program. I don't use the Windows app.

In the Android app, I only see the 'left column' when I click the icon in the upper left of the "All Notes" view. When I click there, I get a list that pulls out from the left side that starts with my name, then All Notes, then Notebooks (and so on). When I click on Notebooks, I get an alphabetical list of notebooks.

I do recall seeing a recent notebooks list, and I did find it annoying, and I agree there should be an option, instead of forcing a recent notebooks view on everyone. I figure that view is throwing a bone to people who insist on creating lots of notebooks. EDIT: what I recalled seeing was in the Windows app.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Would really appreciate this. It just gets in the way. It would fit better at the bottom of the sidebar or something. Its pretty distracting/disorienting 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Cold Case Research Group said:

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

Are you sure you are in the Android app? There is no Tools tab in Android.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11.05.2017 at 3:57 PM, LeoB said:

Are you sure you are in the Android app? There is no Tools tab in Android.

This is how it works in Windows client - unfortunatelly for Android there is no such an option.

I really wish it was - recent notebooks list taking up space is one of the items that annoys me big time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/11/2017 at 8:29 AM, Cold Case Research Group said:

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

I tried this option many times, but it does not work.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, LeoB said:

Are you sure you are in the Android app? There is no Tools tab in Android.

I tried this option many times, but it does not work. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, KETAN PATEL said:

I tried this option many times, but it does not work.

The option offered by @Cold Case Research Group was for the Windows Evernote client. This is a forum for the Android Evernote client, so the Windows advice doesn't apply.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Did this ever get implemented? 

I love Evernote and pay for it, but I don't need extra features, just simple notes. The recent features just makes me think I duped something.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...