EverNote on a USB drive

I have EverNote installed on my iPhone 6 and I installed it on my desktop. Unfortunately, I am running out of room on my HP Stream Book and I need space. Can I install and run the desktop version of Evernote from a USB drive? I would appreciate anyone's help.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, DanLL said:

Can I install and run the desktop version of Evernote from a USB drive?

The short answer is that it is not supported by Evernote.  Some users have tried, some have failed, but it will likely put your data at risk even if you are able to get it to work.  The only reliable solution I can offer is to use only the EN Web Client on your HP Stream Book.

To see what other users have tried, you can do a google on "Evernote windows database on external drive"

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2016 at 1:52 PM, DanLL said:

I have EverNote installed on my iPhone 6 and I installed it on my desktop. Unfortunately, I am running out of room on my HP Stream Book and I need space. Can I install and run the desktop version of Evernote from a USB drive? I would appreciate anyone's help.

Hey Dan;

I have a MicroSD card (64GB) installed in my tablet. Since Win10 tablets are notorious for not having a lot of space, I was running into the same problem. Actually, what was a bigger issue was Dropbox, since my 2.4GB Calibre library was in there. 

I discovered that you can mount a MicroSD card onto your C: drive. The instructions for doing so are HERE

PLEASE NOTE: This is not the specific question you asked. This is not about installing Evernote on a USB stick. This is about sticking a MicroSD card into your tablet/computer and using it more or less as a second, permanently mounted, SSD hard drive that you will probably never remove. 

I have done this and installed all software to my MicroSD card: Dropbox, Evernote, yWriter, even a couple of games downloaded from GoG.com. Everything has worked flawlessly. You can see in the picture that "DB Mount" is a shortcut folder on the C: drive. 

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you can tell me how to ask a question on the forum or how to get Outlook Clipper to work. Outlook says it's installed but trying to find it in order to move mail to an Evernote notebook is impossible.

9 minutes ago, DanLL said:

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you can tell me how to ask a question on the forum or how to get Outlook Clipper to work. Outlook says it's installed but trying to find it in order to move mail to an Evernote notebook is impossible.

I think you asked the question on the forum just fine. I'm not really an expert on Outlook and certainly not any of the Clipper functions. They don't fit into the way I use Evernote (which is as a fiction writing platform).

@csihilling has a lot more experience than I do and might be able to assist, though.

• Level 5*
On 5/27/2016 at 1:52 PM, DanLL said:

To ask a question about a new topic concerning the EN Windows app:

1. Goto this forum:  Windows Desktop Help
  2. Click on the "START NEW TOPIC" link in the upper right corner.

However, you might do a search on "Outlook Clipper".  Seems that I remember a number of posts reporting issues with it.
Here is one:  

Announcing the new Evernote for Outlook

• 8 months later...

Archived