Keep getting "Your subscription has expired" prompt.

Keep getting prompt "Your subscription has expired. Renew now ... " in a red bar. I could click "x" to close it BUT it keeps coming back. Very annoying.

I will renew my subscription if I want to. This persistent reminder is not helping with that at all.

Let me know how I can turn this off, or change this in the next release so it goes away after a first show.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

I'm also experiencing this. It's incredibly annoying, and very persistent (there's a relatively short interval before it comes back). Please modify the interval (or remove it altogether after it's dismissed x times)! :)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I can see why Evernote would want to prevent anyone coming back to them with "Why didn't you warn me?!!!" comments.  I think it's a good idea to repeat the notice - I'm more guilty than most of thinking "OK I'll fix that in a minute..." - and then getting totally distracted.  What would you think would be an acceptable number?  If you think it's a good idea,  click the top left button on the forum page so it has more traction...I did.  ^_^

That does not justify a never ending nag about renewal. Maybe a "Remind me later" along side with a "Do not show this again" would be a more professionally crafted solution?

Plus if one has to count on the notice to realize that he needs to renew, it's either that he has no reason to go with a premium at all, or that Evernote's product manager needs to do a better job differentiating its premium from its free, or just both.

Where this annoying prompt goes horribly wrong is that you cannot just choose the basic option ...(See CCLEANER for the ideal way to operate this type of reminder model). Just leaving the basic option blank and setting the reminder to come up time and time again makes me think a whole lot less of Evernote. 

THIS NEEDS FIXING !!! 

PS - I tried to upload a 35.7 kb screen shot and its keeps saying "You are only allowed to upload 501.76kb.
OK" .... Why is this messenger software preventing me uploading a valid file?

I can't stand this "reminder".  It's offensive to always see it there and I'm seriously considering changing to Onenote or something else.  Some people just want the basic service and never want to upgrade. 

Gazumped, I don't think you really understand the issue.  It is a constant reminder every time you open up the application.  I don't need to be reminded every time and as yxlrei mentioned, include an option to remind later or never. 

Evernote sinking to the lowest common denominator.

I'm also receiving this notification after allowing my subscription to expire. Agree with OP and others; this is bothersome to say the least.

I hope there's a way to dismiss it permanently and it's just not obvious to us.

Hello -

We paid for Premium for 2 years at least, and for 1 or 2 months, don't remember have the above "Reminder" constantly.

We stopped the Premium for various reasons, and might have been happy to come back in Premium - but since this "Reminder", I feel obligated to run away from Evernote SO MUCH it annoys me.

Unhappy paying buyer here.

I'm getting the same darn thing but in my case my premium monthly plan was just cancelled!   What happened to auto renew?  Where do I go to see the billing and the card information that I previously entered?   I had a pass-code set for my app and that is now messed up and gone.    

What the heck happened?  Is this a glitch?   I've never had software where THE COMPANY loses my subscription!    

On 4/7/2016 at 6:49 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I can see why Evernote would want to prevent anyone coming back to them with "Why didn't you warn me?!!!" comments.  I think it's a good idea to repeat the notice - I'm more guilty than most of thinking "OK I'll fix that in a minute..." - and then getting totally distracted.  What would you think would be an acceptable number?  If you think it's a good idea,  click the top left button on the forum page so it has more traction...I did.  ^_^

I would think one would be reminded of needing to renew when they tried to use a functionality that requires the paid subscription. And if one never comes across that issue, then its a good indication that they do not in fact need the paid subscription.

On 4/22/2016 at 5:03 PM, Stephane Lo said:

This is a bug we're fixing. This is not intentional nagging.

Hi Stephane,

thanks for the update, but being apologetic, showing a bit of remorse and providing a less flippant response would go a long way towards repairing the optics surrounding this issue - especially since we're still receiving this message.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:03 PM, Stephane Lo said:

This is a bug we're fixing. This is not intentional nagging.

How long might it take to squash this bug?  An hour?  3 or 4 hours?  3 or 4 days?

Evernote, continue to bug me and I promise you I will never upgrade.

On 4/28/2016 at 7:43 PM, Stephane Lo said:

The bug is fixed and now released in the latest update. You can grab it here or check for update in the client. Thanks for your patience!

Updated to 6.0.6. Haven't seen the prompt for a couple of days now. Thanks for fixing this.

• 2 months later...

So I tried that, two ways, just exited out of the program (file>exit) and re-opened, and within a few minutes it comes up. Then "x" and then exit, made sure there was no processes running, then re-opened, in a few minutes it pops back up.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Yolkin said:

Hahaha still getting this, !2018!
While having paid account I was constantly being asked to get Premium. Now you will every day tell me to pay again. How about no? 

Hi.  If you prefer,  you could follow Austin G's suggestion above... 

Archived