Some of my notes have disappeared

schultzter

Good evening,

I've noticed recently some of my notes have gone missing from Evernote. Two of them contained images (one a photo take with phone, the other a screenshot taken with Chrome clipper extension), the third one was just text. There may be others but I just don't remember them.

I've been flipping back-and-forth between the classic web and beta web version lately, trying to get GTD implemented on my notes. I'm not sure if that's related. 

For whatever reason it's extremely frustrating, especially for the third note since it contained a to-do list that I now have to try and re-create from memory.

Does anyone know of

1. if there's any way to find and restore those missing notes (I only use Evernote web and the Android app on my phone and tablet); and
  2. a reliable automated backup solution for Evernote so I can be sure this doesn't happen again!

Thanks,

Hi @schultzter,

I see that you submitted a support ticket for this issue so I went ahead and followed up with you via the ticket but I wanted to follow-up here as well. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. 

Thanks @kgg I replied to the email.

I guess the only thing I would add to this thread, for the benefit of the community, is the difference in confirmation messages when deleting a Notebook between the classic Evernote Web and the beta Evernote Web. The Classic version has an explicit and dire warning of what's going to happen!!!

Evernote Web Classic

EvernoteWebClassicDeleteNotebook.PNG

Evernote Web Beta

EvernoteWebBetaDeleteNotebook.PNG

Archived