How Do I Turn My wORD Documents into nOTES?

I've got a massive amount of word documents and pdfs that hold my notes for several years. A few of them are fairly large (e.g. 300mb) due to lots of screenshots, rich media, etc. I'd like to dive into evernote but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to translate documents into notes. I've tried dragging them in and this simply links to the files. If I have to manually copy and paste these documents into notes (or several notes for the larger files) I feel it may be time-cost prohibitive. Is there a better way? Do you have any suggestions?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, AlexGierczyk said:

I've tried dragging them in and this simply links to the files.

Dragging to the Evernote icon works for me.  I also have an import folder that I can drag files to.

Which platform are you using.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, AlexGierczyk said:

I've tried dragging them in and this simply links to the files. If I have to manually copy and paste these documents into notes (or several notes for the larger files) I feel it may be time-cost prohibitive. Is there a better way? Do you have any suggestions?

EN Win has a "Import Folder" feature that you can setup so that any files put into that folder are imported as attachments to a new Note

In EN Mac you can either drag a file to the Evernote icon in the Dock, or setup an  AppleScript import folder:
Evernote Import Folder Using AppleScript from Veritrope.com 

Archived