I have two EN accounts 1 & 2 but cant choose which to clip to

DaveInPhoenix

I set up recently account 2.  I have EN account #2 open, but clips go to old acct #1 They are separate for business/personal. 

I log into chrome and sync using a gmail address that is not the same as either EN account e-mail,  so that isn't controlling it.

• Level 5

I don't believe there is an easier way. There are two methods that I know. But both have problems.

1.) I find this method difficult because I forget which account is active.

• > Chrome Settings
  • > Extensions
  • > Evernote Web Clipper options
  • > Sign out
  • > Sign in with new account
  • > Clip web site
  • > Remember to sign back on to other account

2.) This is more tedious but it is consistent. 

• > Always clip to my primary account
  • > Select the notes I want to move
  • > Export as a file in ENEX format
  • > File / Switch to alternate account
  • > Import ENEX file
  • > Move notes to appropriate notebook
  • > If everything is OK, delete ENEX file

thanks that is what I sort of thought, not an easy way!

I think I read somewhere I can open both accounts on the web (I have 5 monitors) and copy/paste or cut/paste but not sure and haven't needed to try it yet.

Probably most clipping will be done to the newer #2 and didn't remember might be able to log in via the Chrome extension to the other account and leave it at #2 address since most used for clipping

• Level 5*

You can try emailing the clips to the other account's EN email address.  I think it comes across looking like it does in the first account.  Won't work if you are sending to a non-paid account though.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, DaveInPhoenix said:

I set up recently account 2.  I have EN account #2 open, but clips go to old acct #1

Could you set up a notebook shared between the accounts.
Any notes added to the notebook would be available to both accounts.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, DaveInPhoenix said:

Don't have any notebooks really need to share.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a way to get clippings to another account.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, DaveInPhoenix said:

I have two EN accounts 1 & 2 but cant choose which to clip to

I log into chrome and sync using a gmail address that is not the same as either EN account e-mail,  so that isn't controlling it.

@jbenson2 gave you one method for changing the Evernote account used by the EN Chrome Web Clipper.
Here is another method you might find easier:

1.  Click on the EN Web Clipper icon in the browser toolbar
2.  In the popup window that appears, click on "Options" button at bottom
3.  At the top of the Options screen, it will show the current account (email) that you are signed in with, and a button/link in blue to "Sign Out"

EN-Chrome-Web-Clipper-Options.png

4.  If you want to change accounts:

1. Click on the "Sign out" button
  2. Click on the "Done" button
    (which will close the Clpper popup)
  3. Click on the EN Web Clipper icon in the browser toolbar and sign in
  • Level 5
38 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Here is another method you might find easier:

That was my first suggestion.

I don't use it because it is too easy to forget which account is active. I end up with personal stuff in the business account and business stuff in the personal account. Then I have to use my second suggestion to clean them up.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

That was my first suggestion.

It is similar, but eliminates the first couple of steps.

The thing I like is that after you click on the Web Clipper icon/button, with just one click ("Options") you can see which account you are signed into.

But then I really only use my second account for testing, so I'm always signed into the Clipper with my main account.

I found an even simpler way for me.  If I have running minimized Evernote in the account I want it to go to - have options set up to clip screen shot in tray it will go to the right user.  Very easy bring up Evernote and switch users without having to re sign in on Premium addition and then do the clip screen.

I'm actually getting to like Evernote over prior use of Treepad, then overkill used Scrivener, then Onenote and now I think I will consolidate all to Evernote. But still have stuff in all the prior programs I used.

I often clip parts of articles, arrange as notes, for the purpose of then writing newsletter material, blogs, forums etc. I also like the merge notes feature in EN when I have lots of different clips on the same topic.

Archived