Feature Requests: Apple Pencil and iPad pro

blueskysd

Idea

I recently got an iPad pro and Apple Pencil. I love that Penultimate already includes palm rejection and pressure sensitivity support for the Pencil.

Here are two features that would make Penultimate my personal "killer app".

1) Templates designed for iPad Pro

Take advantage of the increased size of the pro by adding a few bigger templates, starting with a ruled page with more narrow lines.

2) Erase with finger.

Let me use my finger as an eraser without switching tools. This might be tricky to do and preserve palm rejection, but I believe it's possible.

Thanks! I am a rabid Evernote fan, and a previous Jot Script user. Keep up the excellent work. You make my life better and my work more productive everyday.

Sincerely,

Jenny

11 replies to this idea

Long time EN user.  I'm playing with Penultimate now.  I didn't like it when it was first rolled out.  It looks like the newest version is more competitive with other apps.  I would love to see this app take better advantage of the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.  You support the jot stylus.  Add the Apple Pencil as supported too.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-25 at 9:49 AM, rijnb said:

Discard fingers if the Apple Pencil is attached, or use it for navigation only.

Not sure what the "navigation" reference is
I've always used a stylus, a passive one before the Apple Pencil
I do like the Apple Pencil, even though Evernote doesn't make use of it's features.

The Apple Pencil should be supported just like the jot stylus.  It's so frustrating to have my finger draw instead of navigate with the pencil attached. I'm forced to use Notability due to lack of pencil functionality. 

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, DBall said:

I'm forced to use Notability due to lack of pencil functionality. 

I'm using my Apple Pencil in Evernote.
Specifically, what functionality are you looking for?

When I'm using the Pencil and drag my finger up/down the screen to scroll, it writes a line.  The pencil itself works fine, but other things shouldn't write on the screen when the pencil is attached.  That's the way Notability works.  

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, DBall said:

When I'm using the Pencil and drag my finger up/down the screen to scroll, it writes a line.  The pencil itself works fine, but other things shouldn't write on the screen when the pencil is attached.  That's the way Notability works.  

Now I understand the Navigation reference

I'm actually able to use my pencil or finger for scrolling.  Nothing gets written

Archived