Deleting Notebooks

If I delete a notebook does that delete the notes in that notebook all together?  Or are the notes still available in Notes?  I did a test where I created a notebook, added a note then deleted the notebook and the note still existed - which I want.  I have a notebook which is redundant because I prefer to use a tag in place of the notebook in this case so I want to delete the notebook but don't want to lose the notes.  Thanks!

• Level 5*

My understanding is that if you delete a notebook, the notes get deleted.

Notes are required to have a notebook.
In the example you gave - after you deleted the notebook; what did the note show for notebook?

I would make sure you move the notes to a new notebook before deleting the old notebook.

Hi DTLow.  Thanks for the response.  I did a test where I made a notebook with a note in it then deleted the notebook.  The note remained as part of my overall notes but the notebook was deleted.  This is what I was hoping because there is a notebook I didn't need anymore and I just assume delete it but do not want to delete the notes inside.  However, I still haven't deleted the non test notebook as I am not totally convinced and the notes inside are important, despite my backing them up.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, CenCalGuy said:

Hi DTLow.  Thanks for the response.  I did a test where I made a notebook with a note in it then deleted the notebook.  The note remained as part of my overall notes but the notebook was deleted.

Deleting a notebook on my Mac gives this warning message

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.09.54 PM.png

Archived