smart and user friendly way to merge Labels ??

Hi everyone

It happens frequently to me : as evernote creates new labels as we type them (which is fine), I often end with wrongly orthographied ones, or I use several labels for the same purpose for a time, not knowing at first which one will end being the most intuitive/representative to use.

Is there a smart and user friendly way to merge Labels ? something like ctrl-drag&drop , allowing to rename all notes labelled "label1" to "label2", and subsequently removing the "label1"

Of course I can select all notes with a given label, add the new one and remove the old one, but it feels a bit tedious and not optimately user friendly.

Thanks for your thoughts about that

LG

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, LGS said:

It happens frequently to me : as evernote creates new labels as we type them (which is fine), I often end with wrongly orthographied ones, or I use several labels for the same purpose for a time, not knowing at first which one will end being the most intuitive/representative to use.

Is there a smart and user friendly way to merge Labels ? something like ctrl-drag&drop , allowing to rename all notes labelled "label1" to "label2", and subsequently removing the "label1"

Of course I can select all notes with a given label, add the new one and remove the old one, but it feels a bit tedious and not optimately user friendly.

Are you referring to the Evernote Tags?

The screenshot below is from my Mac and shows batch processing for notes.
The bottom box shows the common tags. This is where I add/delete tags for the batch.
Its the only "merge tags" method I know of.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 4.56.54 AM.png

Sorry I erroneously translated "étiquettes" (from my french version) into "labels", instead of "tags"

Yes it works in two steps. I was wondering wether it was possible to merge two tags in one from the "tag" view.

regards

LG

Archived