Turn your Evernote™ account into an online shop.

Corstiaan

Hi there,

I just wanted to post my latest creation here: EverSeller

EverSeller turns your Evernote™ account into an online shop and allows you to sell digital access to your notes, e-books, design assets, courses, stock photo's, recipes — pretty much anything, straight from Evernote™.

EverSeller is in public beta since yesterday and I am eager to learn your thoughts. Signup is free. You only pay a 5% fee when you actually sell things. Payment is handled through your own Paypal and/or Stripe account.

You can contact me here, through the live chat on the EverSeller dashboard or by just sending me a message => corstiaan(at)everseller(dot)com

Cheers,
Corstiaan

ps I am also the creator of Reflect

I already sell an ebook directly on my site via PayPal and Gumroad... And I can tell you that to some degree, most of these services require a considerable amount of setup time to get the ball rolling - especially if you're self hosting a product for sale.

I've done quite a bit of tinkering... And I love the ease and speed of setup with Everseller. The interface is great... And you don't have to jump through hoops  to figure everything out. It's literally 1, 2, 3. 

Right off the bat, I can see some clear pluses:

1) A 5% cut for Everseller is the lowest I've seen among any of the platforms I've sold on. Selling directly via PayPal on my site, PayPal takes an almost 10% cut ($0.90 of $9.95) after fixed transaction fees and percentages of sales are deducted. 

2) You don't need your own site to sell via Everseller. You simply tag an Evernote note with "Everseller". Your note hosts the file(s). And the content of your note is nicely curated on Everseller's platform. 

3) No monthly subscription fees like Gumroad and other platforms. Although not expensive to pay fixed monthly fees at different tiers, this does create bureaucracy, and sometimes as a result, CS issues. Everseller sidesteps that.

4) Payment goes direct to your PayPal account at the time of purchase via Everseller. You get a payout with services like Gumroad every Friday. No biggie, but a nice detail. 

5) Gumroad hosts my files for download... However, hosting directly with PayPal, many people, including myself, host their files in Dropbox. There are 2 headaches with this: you cannot get automated custom links that expire after someone had downloaded, so basically a download link can easily be distributed by a buyer to whoever else quite easily. Another consideration is that once in a while, Dropbox goes down temporarily - and that creates email admin on the seller's part. Everseller is a great hybrid for self hosting files with Evernote and having the sales process automated for you on a great interface. 

6) Updating your product profile(s) is as easy as editing your note in Evernote. The changes sync through to Everseller instantly. Very convenient!

7) Your clients can choose whether to purchase directly via their credit cards or their PayPal account via the PayPal checkout process. In other words, they can skip the PayPal signup process. 

I am thoroughly impressed at the speed of setup and the lack of bureaucracy with Everseller. You have to see it to believe it. You can easily set certain parameters such as the cost of your items to sell from within an Evernote note by way of simple tagging conventions. 

I'm planning to make this part of my current and future repertoire. 

The only thing to keep an eye on is that obviously to attach larger file sizes to a note in Evernote, one needs to have a Plus or Premium account, depending on your file sizes. 25 MB is the upload limit per note for Basic (free) Evernote users. For hosting files above 25 MB, you'll have to upgrade to a paid plan with Evernote. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Frank.dg said:

I already sell an ebook directly on my site via PayPal and Gumroad... And I can tell you that to some degree, most of these services require a considerable amount of setup time to get the ball rolling - especially if you're self hosting a product for sale.

I've done quite a bit of tinkering... And I love the ease and speed of setup with Everseller. The interface is great... And you don't have to jump through hoops  to figure everything out. It's literally 1, 2, 3. 

Right off the bat, I can see some clear pluses:

Frank, thanks for the thorough review.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Frank.dg said:

1) A 5% cut for Everseller is the lowest I've seen among any of the platforms I've sold on. Selling directly via PayPal on my site, PayPal takes an almost 10% cut ($0.90 of $9.95) after fixed transaction fees and percentages of sales are deducted. 

Frank, so is 5% the total fee you had to pay using EverSeller, or did  you incur PayPal fees on top  of that?

Hi @JMichaelTX,

The Everseller integration service is almost a week old (!) and I've set up a profile for a book I'm already selling. I'm about to make it live at Everseller... so my post above might not have been entirely accurate. Yes, there is a 5% fee on Everseller's part... and then they state that "* Stripe or PayPal processing fees may apply". I still have to find out exactly what those are... I'll keep you posted.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Frank.dg said:

Stripe or PayPal

@Frank.dg or @Corstiaan

Could you share details on the difference between Sripe and PayPal payment system,
I am familiar with PayPal but haven't any experience with Stripe

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

@Frank.dg or @Corstiaan

Could you share details on the difference between Sripe and PayPal payment system,
I am familiar with PayPal but haven't any experience with Stripe

Hi @DTLow,

Please allow me to shed some light on that. As you are familiar with PayPal, I'll only talk about Stripe.

Stripe is a relatively simple (compared to PayPal) service to accept credit card payments. The most important difference is that Stripe does not require the buyer to create a Stripe account to complete the transaction, resulting in a much cleaner payment flow.

I believe technically PayPal also allows for just "clean" transactions without requiring a PayPal account but that is secondary to them trying to get the buyer to sign up every step of the way.

In many cases Stripe is also a bit cheaper in terms of transaction fee's.

Let me know if you have any other questions :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, guys! Thank for this thread and posts, especially Frank.dg! helped me a lot!

But... I have a problem here. Cannot reach my PayPal any longer... are there are alternative payment gateways? 

Thank you!

Archived