How to do an audio recording AND dictation/transcription at the same time

I would like to record my thoughts on audio and create voice-to-text dictation transcription at the same time. I am struggling to find a way to implement this right now. 

• On Mac computer, Evernote allows the built-in Mac dictation in the text field while I'm recording, but it can't keep up with my pace of talking (just a reasonable pace, not super fast). It only transcribes about 20 seconds at a time maximum, and deletes everything I say that it doesn't manage to record. It requires me to make lots of pauses to wait for the dictation to catch up.

• On Android phone, where I would REALLY love this feature, it allows me to create an audio note and then go into text and press the Voice-to-Text, but then invariably comes up with an error that says "Can't reach Google at the moment."

I can see from this blog post that this feature existed on Android in 2012, but the option isn't appearing now: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/03/27/evernote-for-android-update-speech-to-text-and-big-widget-enhancements/

I can see from this previous question that other people were struggling with this in 2015: 

Are there any solutions available these days?

• Level 5*

A potential solution:

Here's a link to a process that is driven by Keyboard Maestro and requires investment in several tools.  It's not expensive, but then it's not super cheap.  But if you really need the capability, then maybe it will be worth the investment.

See: My Own Transcription Service -- KM Forum 

I have NOT used this, so I can't vouch for it, and it is a brand new KM macro, so it is definitely subject to bugs.  You may very well need to fine-tune it for your needs.  But I think it is a very good start.

Good luck to all, and if you choose to use this, please let me know how it goes.  I am an active KM and AppleScript user/developer, so I'd be glad to help out where I can.

Archived