KleverNote - Databases, Forms, Note Templates, Structured Note Taking iphone app. Feedback welcome

Hi,

I would like to introduce my app Klevernote. In a nutshell, klevernote is a productivity app that combines the power of a personal database with the simplicity of a note-taking app. Klevernote uses note templates to make note-taking a breeze. Templates are a collection of fields (think of web forms) that are organized to record any kind of information. Klevernote send your notes to Evernote so your records are always on the cloud.

Examples of things you can do with Klevernote:

• Track your collections (cards, stamps, sneakers, you name it!)
  • Track expenses
  • Keep records of your customers
  • Jot down your ideas

.. And much more!

Brief Highlights:

• 13 kinds of fields for your Evernote templates: Text, Draw, On/Off Switcher, List, Photo, Video, Voice, Date, Location, Video, Emotion, Weather
  • Supports background posting
  • Save notes as draft and post them later
  • Text editor with shortcuts and customisable snippets
  • Prepend or append contents to a note in the full version
  • Supports Text Expander
  • Note history, check the content of already sent notes
  • Powerful note search
  • Template reminders
  • Backup and restore templates with iCloud

And many more features will be added soon!

Coming soon: Evernote sync (modify notes already sent to Evernote), Dropbox sync, template passcodes, more kinds of fields, etc.

Please do check it out and let me know what you think!

Link to Klevernote in the app store.

Thanks!

Fran

Klevernote.jpg

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, fransanchezoria said:

I would like to introduce my app Klevernote. In a nutshell, klevernote is a productivity app that combines the power of a personal database with the simplicity of a note-taking app. Klevernote uses note templates to make note-taking a breeze. Templates are a collection of fields (think of web forms) that are organized to record any kind of information. Klevernote send your notes to Evernote so your records are always on the cloud.

I really like the concept of your new app, but I am not interested in serious data entry on a mobile device.

Any plans to produce a Mac version?

• Evernote Expert
On 25/03/2016 at 4:17 PM, fransanchezoria said:

Hi,

• Track your collections (cards, stamps, sneakers, you name it!)
  • Track expenses
  • Keep records of your customers
  • Jot down your ideas

.. And much more!

Brief Highlights:

• 13 kinds of fields for your Evernote templates: Text, Draw, On/Off Switcher, List, Photo, Video, Voice, Date, Location, Video, Emotion, Weather
  • Supports background posting
  • Save notes as draft and post them later
  • Text editor with shortcuts and customisable snippets
  • Prepend or append contents to a note in the full version
  • Supports Text Expander
  • Note history, check the content of already sent notes
  • Powerful note search
  • Template reminders
  • Backup and restore templates with iCloud

And many more features will be added soon!

Coming soon: Evernote sync (modify notes already sent to Evernote), Dropbox sync, template passcodes, more kinds of fields, etc.

Please do check it out and let me know what you think!

Link to Klevernote in the app store.

Thanks!

Fran

Klevernote.jpg

Hi, I just downloaded your app, and here are my simple views, while tweaking around for a while. 

1. The app has some serious crash and freeze bugs. In about 15-20 minutes of trying to tweak around for a while, it crashed about 2 or 3 times, which is not a good sign for a App. I suggest you do some beta testing around, or specify to your users, that the App is in BETA or what ever. 
  2. Poor scaling for Ipad : Your App is natively designed for IPhone, but is poorly performing in Ipad. While the Keyboard pulls up, there is hardly anything of the app that i can see. Maybe, it is this reason that is why the crash apps that i mention may be coming. I suggest you try to build the app around for Ipad as well, if it doesnt require much work. 
  3. Poor Trial experince : As i said that the app is poorly rendering on Ipad, the Ads make it much worse. I would suggest you offer a limited full fledged trial for 15 or 20 days, allowing the user to access all features, in a painless experience and allowing them to decide if the upgrade is worth it. You dont have to totally switch your model. Retain your existing Ad model, and just put this as an option, I am saying. 
  4. Videos needed : I figure that your app is somethig similar to KustomNote. If you made some explanatory videos on a YouTube channel that explains the features of your app, i think it would help more easier. Good Luck. 
21 hours ago, Panzerkampfwagen said:

Hi, I just downloaded your app, and here are my simple views, while tweaking around for a while. 

1. The app has some serious crash and freeze bugs. In about 15-20 minutes of trying to tweak around for a while, it crashed about 2 or 3 times, which is not a good sign for a App. I suggest you do some beta testing around, or specify to your users, that the App is in BETA or what ever. 
  2. Poor scaling for Ipad : Your App is natively designed for IPhone, but is poorly performing in Ipad. While the Keyboard pulls up, there is hardly anything of the app that i can see. Maybe, it is this reason that is why the crash apps that i mention may be coming. I suggest you try to build the app around for Ipad as well, if it doesnt require much work. 
  3. Poor Trial experince : As i said that the app is poorly rendering on Ipad, the Ads make it much worse. I would suggest you offer a limited full fledged trial for 15 or 20 days, allowing the user to access all features, in a painless experience and allowing them to decide if the upgrade is worth it. You dont have to totally switch your model. Retain your existing Ad model, and just put this as an option, I am saying. 
  4. Videos needed : I figure that your app is somethig similar to KustomNote. If you made some explanatory videos on a YouTube channel that explains the features of your app, i think it would help more easier. Good Luck. 

Thanks for your feedback.

The app is not optimised to work in iPad, as you can see is not marked as an universal app. Hence, I assume that the problems you had are derived from the fact that the app is tested on iPhone only. Version 1.2 will come with full iPad support.

Will definitely be making some videos.

• 6 months later...

Hi Fran! 

I´ve download the app. Definitely I think you should make some videos. As an Spanish speaker, its not easy to understand in depth the app without videos.

On the other hand, the free version don t  let the user import neither one template to evernote, so its hard to try the app! I think is going to be useful for me but the free version not invite me to buy it!

Just a short video on you tube! 

Hope You find my comments useful! 

Bye bye!

I too have downloaded the app and will consider purchasing the "pro" version with an in-app purchase but without knowing how it syncs with Evernote I have a problem with doing that. Do you have any screenshots on what a template entry looks like when synced with Evernote? 

• Level 5*
On 3/25/2016 at 0:20 PM, fransanchezoria said:

It's definitely on the horizon, I'd love to have a mac app myself. However at this point I am just focusing on growing the number of users, once it has gained some traction I can focus on the mac version.

Any progress on creating a Mac app?

On 10/15/2016 at 3:15 AM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

I too have downloaded the app and will consider purchasing the "pro" version with an in-app purchase but without knowing how it syncs with Evernote I have a problem with doing that. Do you have any screenshots on what a template entry looks like when synced with Evernote? 

Thanks for your input! Yes you can see how it works in the youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFdO3wqqlB9YskJdzsYaM-A

On 10/15/2016 at 6:00 AM, JMichaelTX said:

Any progress on creating a Mac app?

Unfortunately, developing the iphone app has taken a lot more time and money that I had anticipated, seems the Mac app plans will have to be put on hold for now.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:59 PM, gongnr said:

Hi Fran! 

I´ve download the app. Definitely I think you should make some videos. As an Spanish speaker, its not easy to understand in depth the app without videos.

On the other hand, the free version don t  let the user import neither one template to evernote, so its hard to try the app! I think is going to be useful for me but the free version not invite me to buy it!

Just a short video on you tube! 

Hope You find my comments useful! 

Bye bye!

Thanks for your input, the channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFdO3wqqlB9YskJdzsYaM-A

On 3/26/2016 at 6:34 PM, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

Thanks for your input, the channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFdO3wqqlB9YskJdzsYaM-A

I have one more question about the advanced features. I currently use Sortly for what I plan on using Klevernote for and cannot edit those entries inside Evernote. With Klevernote can you edit once they are synced with Evernote? I may have missed that part somewhere but want to make sure.

7 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

I have one more question about the advanced features. I currently use Sortly for what I plan on using Klevernote for and cannot edit those entries inside Evernote. With Klevernote can you edit once they are synced with Evernote? I may have missed that part somewhere but want to make sure.

At the moment, notes modified in KleverNote will be resynced to Evernote, however if you modify it in Evernote you won't see the changes in the app.

17 minutes ago, fransanchezoria said:

At the moment, notes modified in KleverNote will be resynced to Evernote, however if you modify it in Evernote you won't see the changes in the app.

Purchased the pro app this morning and love it so far.  Two way syncing would be an amazing future feature though.  

11 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Purchased the pro app this morning and love it so far.  Two way syncing would be an amazing future feature though.  

Hi Sayre,

Glad to know you enjoy it :). Sync from Evernote back to KleverNote is more challenging, but definetely possible. Will be adding it to the list of planned features, we work on them fast. Thanks for your feedback.

Fran 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 3/25/2016 at 5:47 AM, fransanchezoria said:

• . . .
  • Track expenses
  • . . .

.. And much more!

Brief Highlights:

How do you track expenses without a numeric field?

One feature I have long wanted in Evernote is a numeric field that can be searched for numeric value (like = 123.12, OR > 12.12), and can also be summed.  Does Klevernote provide this?

Also, I still would need a Mac app.  Any progress on that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

My friend was able to download your app and she recommended it to me.  However it is no longer available in the Philippine App Store. Any chance you can make it available here again? My friend was able to download it from the Philippine App Store around 2 weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived