Unable to send notes to my Evernote email address (@m.evernote.com)

az

I want email notes to my Evernote using its email address(@m.evernote.com), tried to send something email using Gmail is not working. I have no idea why, please advise if there are any limitation to this.

P.S. I am using the Basic plan.

• Level 5*

Emailing to your Evernote account is not an option in the Basic plan.

There are alternatives; IFTTT  and scripts (Mac AppleScript)

I use an email addin app (Evermail) for my Mac Mail

Thanks for the response. I want to send note from my Kindle Paperwhite to Evernote. Please advise what are the available workarounds.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Emailing to your Evernote account is not an option in the Basic plan.

There are alternatives; IFTTT  and scripts (Mac AppleScript)

I use an email addin app (Evermail) for my Mac Mail

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, az said:

I want to send note from my Kindle Paperwhite to Evernote. Please advise what are the available workarounds.

Sorry - I'm not too familiar with the Kindle Paperwhite.  
I know its an ebook reader, and didn't know it had email features.
Can you advise on the email service used?

The kindle paperwhite has a feature to highlight the phrase and send it to anyone using their email address. It works with all other emails except from evernote (basic).

In addition, it has a feature to share the highlight phrase to facebook wall or twitter as well.

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Sorry - I'm not too familiar with the Kindle Paperwhite.  
I know its an ebook reader, and didn't know it had email features.
Can you advise on the email service used?

• Level 5*

Here's a link to a Gmail>Evernote script using the IFTTT service
https://ifttt.com/recipes/73746-save-starred-gmails-to-evernote

You could open a free Gmail account and send your highlights to that address
IFTTT will intercept the email and create/update a note in Evernote.

This is a service I use.  ITunes emails me a notice when new episodes are available on my subscription.  IFTTT adds the information to my Evernote note without me even seeing the email. 

image.png

• 5 months later...

I just set up the IFTTT recipe for automatically sending emails in gmail that I have starred to my evernote account. This part is working OK but the emails come through to evernote and are displayed as plain text. All the formating of the original email is gone and I am left to read a large paragraph of just text. I would think there is something in either evernote or gmail that I am not turning on or maybe turning off to receive the emails as sent.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, gr8simpson said:

I just set up the IFTTT recipe for automatically sending emails in gmail that I have starred to my evernote account. This part is working OK but the emails come through to evernote and are displayed as plain text. All the formating of the original email is gone and I am left to read a large paragraph of just text. I would think there is something in either evernote or gmail that I am not turning on or maybe turning off to receive the emails as sent.

Could you clarify "automatically sending emails"
If you're using the recipe example I posted, IFTTT creates an EN note from the email
It says "some html" is ok, but I doubt it can handle complicated formatting.
Anyways, I think your issue is with IFTTT

Archived