Help: Forwarded emails with @Notebook going into default.

I currently have a dedicated email account for all my receipts, 'receipts@xxxxxx.com'. I've set this account up to forward to my Evernote account and I've set up a notebook called "Receipts". When I forward, I add @Receipts to the subject line. My understanding is that this should have Evernote place the note created from the email in my Receipts notebook, however it's going into my default ('Inbox') notebook instead.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Euanp said:

I currently have a dedicated email account for all my receipts, 'receipts@xxxxxx.com'. I've set this account up to forward to my Evernote account and I've set up a notebook called "Receipts". When I forward, I add @Receipts to the subject line. My understanding is that this should have Evernote place the note created from the email in my Receipts notebook, however it's going into my default ('Inbox') notebook instead.
Am I doing something wrong?

Email specifying notebook works for me.

I forwarded this post with the title

Fwd: Help: Forwarded emails with Notebook going into default. @eHighlighter

and it was added to my eHighlighter notebook

Thanks for your replies. That's exactly what I'm doing. I just created a test email with the subject "@Receipts Test 7" (see image). I have a notebook called receipts, yet it arrived in my Inbox. It's also happening with other notebooks. It also happens when I email my Evernote email address directly, rather than forwarding.

Could this be a bug?

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 18.14.54.jpg

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Euanp said:

I just created a test email with the subject "@Receipts Test 7" (see image). I have a notebook called receipts, yet it arrived in my Inbox. It's also happening with other notebooks. It also happens when I email my Evernote email address directly, rather than forwarding.

Could this be a bug?

Try subject: Test7 @Receipts   

The notebook specification has to be at the end of the subject line

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Euanp said:

That's exactly what I'm doing. I just created a test email with the subject "@Receipts Test 7" (see image).

Actually, you are not doing exactly as I stated:

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

The "@NotebookName" needs to have at least one space after the end of your Subject line

You must have some text, that will become the note title, PRIOR to the space and "@NotebookName".

For example:
Test 7 @Receipts

2 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Actually, you are not doing exactly as I stated:

You must have some text, that will become the note title, PRIOR to the space and "@NotebookName".

For example:
Test 7 @Receipts

Yes - a bit embarrassed I missed that, but the joy at having the solution outweighs the shame!

Archived