Is Evernote in good shape as a company?

Hi, everyone.

I've been struggling to find recent statements about Evernote's performance as a company. To be clear, I'm a huge Evernote fan – a Premium subscriber – and I use it for digitizing "everything," so to speak. My wife and I have used it aggressively to rid ourselves of stacks of paper, and we've been very happy with our Evernote experience.

Precisely because I have a hard time imagining life without Evernote at this point, I'd be interested to hear whether you all have helpful links, etc. on the company's response to their more difficult past year or so. Since we store sensitive documents, information, etc. in Evernote, I want a well-grounded confidence that we can continue doing so without concern about this service shutting down. By far, what matters most to me is Evernote's function as a digital filing cabinet.

Thanks!

Phil

There are promising signs Evernote is refocussing since the new CEO arrived. The new people at Evernote (see the blogpost in the reply above me) and the fact that employees are more frequent participating at this forum are examples.

I wouldn't worry to much yet :)

• Level 5

Evernote seems to be going through a rebirth.

1.) Many new employees to replace the ones that left last year. See link posted by Frank.dg above

2.) Major rewrite and refocus of the program has been the in the works (over past 2.5 years)

On March 23, 2016 at 0:25 AM, PMLasater said:

Hi, everyone.

I've been struggling to find recent statements about Evernote's performance as a company. To be clear, I'm a huge Evernote fan – a Premium subscriber – and I use it for digitizing "everything," so to speak. My wife and I have used it aggressively to rid ourselves of stacks of paper, and we've been very happy with our Evernote experience.

Precisely because I have a hard time imagining life without Evernote at this point, I'd be interested to hear whether you all have helpful links, etc. on the company's response to their more difficult past year or so. Since we store sensitive documents, information, etc. in Evernote, I want a well-grounded confidence that we can continue doing so without concern about this service shutting down. By far, what matters most to me is Evernote's function as a digital filing cabinet.

Thanks!

Phil

Idk I've asked the same thing. A lot has to change in regards to what Evernote responds to user base wants, needs.

They weathered the storm and are presently still here. Who really knows. There's been a lot of talk and inner business rumbling.

Evernote struggles to make big strides against the onslaught of increasingly competition.

Penultimate has made an epic comback. Stable, good looking and reviews are positive. Evernote as a whole is still scrambling to make things happen to appease user base. Make your voice heard! Spread the good word about Evernote while making suggestions on how to make Evernote better. There's nothing more you could do. 

Archived