Evernote for iOS 7.12 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.12 earlier today.

This release focused on fixing bugs and crashes.

Notable fixes and improvements:

• Multiple photos inserted into a note at the same time will appear in chronological order with the oldest first (based on the order they were inserted into camera roll)
  • Fixed issue where inserting pictures from the camera in edit mode would add the image to the bottom of the note
  • Fixed issue where image was sometimes inserted a few lines after the insertion point
  • Fixed issue where checking checkboxes would send focus to the top of the note
  • Fixed issue where images might disappear when moving a note from a shared notebook into a personal notebook
  • Fixed issue where notes showing in the Today widget when turned off in settings
  • Fixed issue where new reminders not sorted properly by date
  • Fixed issue where recently opened tags/notebooks were not updating on the home screen
  • Fixed issue where note list wasn't responding to a tap
  • Fixed issue where deleted stack was reappearing after sync
  • Fixed issue when one stack was divided into two stacks after editing stack name
  • Fixed crash when rotating iPad in note list card view in some scenarios
  • Fixed crash when opening specific PDFs in notes
  • Fixed crash when signing out of app

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, cifip said:

Multiple photos inserted into a note at the same time will appear in chronological order with the oldest first (based on the order they were inserted into camera roll)

Thanks for the update.

QUESTION:  What make you guys think all users will always want to order the inserted photos in chronological order?

It would be much more helpful and useful if you would give us a choice at the time of selection:

• Insert in order selected
  • Insert in chronological order

USE CASES:

• I am taking a number of photos of the same subject to make sure I get the best shot
  • When I'm done shooting, out of the 10 shots, I only want 3
  • I want to order the 3 based on either quality of shot, or some sequence that is different from the order of shooting
  • Often times at events, I may shoot a photo at the end that I want to use as a banner/intro for the other shots.
  • I make take shots of the same person during the event, but intermixed with shots of other people.
  • So I want to insert into Evernote the shots grouped by each person
  • . . . and many more.
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Thanks for the update.

QUESTION:  What make you guys think all users will always want to order the inserted photos in chronological order?

It would be much more helpful and useful if you would give us a choice at the time of selection:

• Insert in order selected
  • Insert in chronological order

Hi JMichael,

We're trying to make more logical than the reverse chronological order from the prior release while we work on a longer-term and more intuitive solution for a future release.

Cheers,
Chuck

I still wait for the loooong waited RTL support for all evernote apps. Why we can't have a right-to-left button in the note editor? I have over 50 users between my Arab friends who are looking forward for this. Some of them stopped using evernote because without this, writing notes in Arabic/Farsi/Hebrew is useless.

Thank you for the release.

I am not sure where is the best place to report this (please let me know if there is more appropriate place).

Unfortunately Evernote 7.12 keeps crashing on my iPhone at opening the app.

• Evernote 7.12
  • iOS 9.3 
  • iPhone 6

I've attached the crash log and console log when Evernote crashed.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

Takuya

Evernote-2016-03-23-112938.crash

crash-log-on-console.log

• Level 5
50 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Please note - this discusses the opening of a .enex file in IOS.  It opens, but shows as a .xml file.

This is due to OS changes by Apple. Please see my reply here.

• Level 5
37 minutes ago, Siberian said:

What about nested tags? 

Nested tags is not a part of our 7.12 release. Please up vote the request in the iOS Product Feedback forum.

Cheers,
Chuck

14 minutes ago, cifip said:

Nested tags is not a part of our 7.12 release. Please up vote the request in the iOS Product Feedback forum.

Cheers,
Chuck

Please vote? I'm sorry, but this is absurd. This is basic functionality, and lack of it is ridiculous.  

Archived