Web Page not Displaying Properly

Rob Caldwell

I am using Evernote specifically so I could use it with my iPhone.  In my work, I support dozens of people who are assigned an internal web page.  In those web pages we have a communication log assigned to each person.  I have a notebook for each person I support, including their internal web page that shows their Comm Log.

Unfortunately, I cannot view these web pages in Evernote on my iPhone.  I have attached two images.  One shows what the page looks like on my MacBook Air in Evernote.  The other shows the distorted web page on my iPhone in Evernote.

Any suggestions to get the web page to display properly on my iPhone?

IPhone View:

56ee9b6f691a6_iPhoneView.thumb.jpg.dc37d

MacBook Air View:

56ee9b98b09cf_ScreenShot2016-03-20at8.44

iPhone View.jpg

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2016 at 7:48 AM, Rob Caldwell said:

Unfortunately, I cannot view these web pages in Evernote on my iPhone.  I have attached two images.  One shows what the page looks like on my MacBook Air in Evernote.  The other shows the distorted web page on my iPhone in Evernote.

It looks like the web page you have clipped (or screenshot) is too large for proper viewing in EN iPhone Note.

If you just want the information from the internal web site, you might try clipping the "article" on the page (using your Mac), and then in EN Mac, apply "Simplify Formatting" to the entire Note.  This should get rid of all of the junk on the web page, and allow it to auto-size on your iPhone.

This is a great idea!  I did not realize that this option was available to me.  However, after I clip the full web page and then select it as a note, then try to "Simplify Formatting", the option is greyed out...  (Tried to attach a screenshot, but now I am limited on the size and no matter how small I made the screenshot, I could not get it below .09MB)....

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Rob Caldwell said:

However, after I clip the full web page and then select it as a note, then try to "Simplify Formatting", the option is greyed out.

I think you may need to first click into the body of the Note before Simplify Formatting is available.

Thanks for the quick response. 

2 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I think you may need to first click into the body of the Note before Simplify Formatting is available.

Clicking into the body of the Note does not seem to allow Simplify Formatting.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Rob Caldwell said:

Thanks for the quick response. 
Clicking into the body of the Note does not seem to allow Simplify Formatting.

Are you doing this on a Mac using EN Mac?  If so I don't have a clue as to why it is not working for you.

I have been using Simplify Formatting on hundreds of notes for several years, and have never seen it disabled ("greyed out").

Log out of EN Mac, and restart your Mac.  See if that helps.

Do you have Dropbox or some other online service where you could post your screenshot?

Archived