neonwave

OneNote Import Not Working

I am trying to import my OneNote notebook into Evernote but the importer won't let me navigate to the file.  The "Select notebook you would like to import:" dropdown in blank.

Is this an Evernote issue or do I need to do something different?

Thanks

Import Fail.JPG

There is an official Microsoft importer now. I just used it. Worked like a charm, but getting used to OneNote fat client, onenote desktop app, and OneNote web is taking a little getting used to. That said, it is forcing me to rethink my workflow and the clipper works very nicely.

Enjoy whichever product you end up sticking with.

https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote

Thanks for the reply atangel but I am actually trying to move a notebook from OneNote to Evernote.

Hi Neon Wave,

I'd like to look into this further. I have converted your post into a ticket, and will follow up with you via email shortly. 

For clarification, the File>Import>Microsoft OneNote option is only available when OneNote is also installed on the same PC.   This feature cannot detect exported OneNote files saved outside of OneNote. 

After logging into your OneNote account on the same PC, you will see your notebooks listed from the Dropdown menu. You can then select which "sections" of your notebook you wish to import into Evernote. 

ONENOTE_TEST.jpg

Additional clarification: If you are running OneNote 2016, OneNote must be open for the import to work. (OneNote 2010 does not - MS changed something internally)

• Like 1

Hi...I am having the same issue. I have OneNote and Evernote on the same PC, running at the same time. I get the same blank screen with no notebooks or sections identified for me to import.

Appreciate any suggestions